The Center for Drug Discovery ( https://www.bcm.edu/research/centers/drug-discovery ) is a strategic research center established at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) in Houston, Texas.
The mission of the Center for Drug Discovery is to establish novel discovery technologies that enable rapid and cost-effective drug discovery within the academic community. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated scientists with expertise in medicinal chemistry and/or organic chemistry to join the Center for Drug Discovery. Central to our vision is the continued establishment of a small-molecule discovery platform using a DNA-encoded chemistry approach.
The team, led by scientists with drug discovery experience in academia and the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, is looking to recruit a staff scientist. BCM is located in the world-renowned Texas Medical Center and offers a highly interactive environment and a strong infrastructure for research and career development. As a member of this multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Participate in early stage drug discovery efforts in collaboration with biological scientists throughout the academic community, with a goal of bringing new treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
- Contribute to multidisciplinary lead-finding project teams by
engaging in the following activities: perform compound resynthesis
and medicinal chemistry optimization; design, screen, and
synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncover and utilize
novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluate compounds for
efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator:
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Develops research techniques and performs applications required for specific research projects.
- May conduct literature searches and summarize information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- May supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of less experienced research staff.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience Required: Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- PhD in medicinal/organic chemistry or a related discipline.
- >4 years of hands-on laboratory experience in medicinal/organic chemistry and/or a related field and a track record of quality publications and/or patents in these areas.
- Experience with one or more of the following: performing innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team
- A PhD in medicinal/organic chemistry or a related discipline, this position will perform compound resynthesis and medicinal chemistry optimization; design, screen, and synthesize DNA-encoded chemical libraries; uncover and utilize novel chemical reactions in water; and/or evaluate compounds for efficacy in vitro and/or in vivo.
- Perform innovative chemistry reactions and compound synthesis.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston