Postdoctoral Associate - 5G Research
Commonwealth Cyber Initiative (CCI) - Virginia Tech welcomes applications and nominations for a Postdoctoral Associate to conduct research in the CCI 5G Wireless Security Testbed. The 5G Wireless Testbed, led by Dr. Aloizio P. Silva, is looking for motivated and talented researchers with expertise in Software Defined Radio (SDR), Software Defined Network (SDN), Network Function Virtualization and Edge-computing systems design. Researchers will carry out research in network systems, with focus on large-scale experimentation. The 5G Wireless Testbed group specializes in the application and development of advanced hardware and software technologies to future advanced wireless networks and packet networks for 5G and beyond, data center, smart city, smart agriculture, vehicular, and IoT applications.
Virginia is uniquely positioned to demonstrate global leadership in secure cyber physical systems (CPS), including underlying cybersecurity technologies. The Commonwealth’s strengths include an unrivaled density of IT talent, industry, and venture capital, creating a highly fertile environment for innovation and tech-based economic growth. To support the CCI research efforts, this position will include the development of innovative 5G network architectures and testbed experiments in collaboration with academic, commercial, and government researchers using the CCI 5G wireless security testbed.
● PhD in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or a related field with a communications and networking background
● Hands-on experience with experimental research in communications and with communications testbeds
● Solid background in wireless communication
● Demonstrated ability to working effectively with on a diverse team
● Track record in publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
● Good communication skills
● Solid background in wireless networking
● Experience with 5G and Beyond 5G technology
Commensurate with experience
November 30, 2020
This position will be located in the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, VA.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Sue Kass at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 12, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.