Early Childhood Educator II
The University of Colorado Boulder and our CU Children's Center encourages applications for an Early Childhood Educator II! This role will provide childcare for children of families affiliated with the University of Colorado including; residents of Family Housing Apartments, faculty, staff, students, and alumni. The Children’s Center is licensed through the Colorado Department of Social Services, and is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children. Includes supervision of classroom staff.
Positional duties from the requested class title include writing lesson plans, implementing activities to meet individual needs, supervising other staff, and coordinating with parents to discuss behavior/development.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The mission of the University of Colorado Children’s Center is to provide the highest quality of care and education for young children. Our role is to encourage and support each child in all areas of development, therefore crafting a positive self-image and realistic opportunity for success. Campus administration, Children’s Center staff members, parents, and members of the community all play an integral part in promoting and providing an environment rich in learning experiences and opportunities for children within the CU community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum with other teachers by using available resources, building activities, meeting individual children’s needs, and maintains the classroom areas which include science, math, language, arts, large and small motor, art, multicultural. Follows all NAEYC, ITERS, ECERS, Colorado Shines and licensing guidelines.
- Directly supervise ECE I and provide guidance as needed for students, assistants and volunteers.
- Supervise and interact with children by planning and implementing age-appropriate activities.
- Use appropriate Guidance Techniques. Keeps clear, comprehensive, and accurate records, (, Social Service, Sign in sheets, Children’s records, all other paperwork).
- Maintain channels of communication with teaching teams and office in an effective manner.
- Maintain confidentiality in all communication.
- Complete written reports as needed including notes, accident reports, etc.
- Provide information to parents about their child by discussion at arrival and departure time, written communications, and/or telephone calls.
- Provide positive customer service and information, handles difficult situations with finesse.
- Help parents to understand behavior and development.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure safety of children by surveying indoor and outdoor equipment, communicating any concerns to the director.
- Maintain health standards following procedures for food preparation, diapering, medication administration, etc.
- Remain current on certifications including CPR, First Aid, UP, Child Abuse, and Medication Administration.
- Assure continual professional growth by attending staff in-services, workshops, and conferences.
- Demonstrate flexibility in scheduling, working with different levels of staff, and handling a variety of situations.
What We Can Offer
- The salary for this position is $34,320.00
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Creative. Be Inspired. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Early Childhood Educator II must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess Early Childhood Teacher Qualifications: Minimum of one year of professional experience working in a licensed early childhood or pre-school program.
To find a list of Current ECT qualifications, please follow the link below. You must qualify in one area under option A-I
What You Will Need
- Ability to provide a high quality environment championing a diverse population of children ages 12 months through age five.
- Proven skills to develop, supervise, plan and instruct a developmentally appropriate curriculum; train and evaluate assistant teachers and university student employees; and implement family programs while modeling appropriate language and behaviors.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Proven track record of working in a licensed early childhood center for 3 or more years.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 23, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder