Manager Math Lab
Manager Math Lab
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Manager Math Lab .
Manage and oversee operations of the Math Lab, including the Science Den and science tutoring in a manner consistent with educational objectives set by the Math and Science Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the operations of the Math Lab. Elicit regular input from Mathematics faculty about new topics or techniques used in classes.
- Recruit, schedule, supervise, and evaluate Math Lab staff.
- Teach one credit mathematics course each long semester. Instruct students covering all mathematics courses taught in the district.
- Administer day-to-day operations and create a positive learning environment in the Math Lab for students enrolled in mathematics courses.
- Recommend, monitor, and operate within the budget assigned by the dean.
- Provide training for student tutors in tutoring techniques, mathematical concepts, and applications of technology. Provide training for all staff in policies and procedures of tutoring, and provide opportunities for professional development of tutors.
- Coordinate mathematics faculty's schedules in the Math Labs. Promote the use of the Math Labs by mathematics students.
- Provide information to students, instructors, administrators, and members of the community about the Math Labs and mathematics education at Collin County Community College District.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized lab area. Cooperate and communicate with the Technology Services Department to maintain computer equipment and software.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures, and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in mathematics and three (3) years of directly related experience required.
Master's degree in any field with 18 graduate hours in mathematics and three (3) years of directly related experience required.
Four (4) years of experience, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of mathematics and effective pedagogy
- Knowledge of financial management
- Knowledge of tutoring techniques
- Customer service skills
- Public relations skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to recruit qualified staff to work in the Math Lab
- Ability to identify and correct areas needing improvement in operations of the laboratory
- Ability to optimize opportunities for mathematics learners
- Ability to work in diversified environment
- Ability to adapt to changes
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,088.00 - 59,901.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Statistics Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney