Computer Information Systems Visiting Instructor - WVU Keyser
West Virginia University's Potomac State College campus, located in Keyser, West Virginia, seeks qualified candidates committed to excellence in teaching at the undergraduate level in the following area:
Visiting Instructor in Computer Information Systems
This position is full-time, non-benefit eligible, and contract from January 1, 2021 – May 13, 2021.
Teaching responsibilities include all CIS courses including: CIS 100 Comp. Info. Sys, CIS 106 Hardware Concepts, CIS 118 Web Page Design, CIS 248 System Analysis and Design, CIS 442 Data Mining and Business Intelligence, Analysis and Design 2
- A minimum of a master's degree in Computer Information Systems or related field from a regionally accredited college or university is required by time of appointment. Employer accepts foreign educational equivalents.
- Excellence in college teaching is highly valued
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Experience developing and delivering courses in a variety of modes is highly valued, including HyFlex or online courses, that ensure quality and effective assessment;
- A commitment to collegiality with peers and building a welcoming community;
- A student-centered commitment to high academic standards and service to students, including an effective and conscientious commitment to academic advising;
- A commitment to utilizing innovative teaching methodologies and systems which actively engage students in the learning process;
- Experience developing student learning outcomes, and course and program assessments is highly valued;
- A commitment to working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and close one month after posting.
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial college transcript(s)
- Contact information for three professional references
Faculty Opportunities. Faculty will have an opportunity to participate in the cultural and intellectual life of West Virginia University and to benefit from professional development opportunities made available generally to university faculty while pursuing a commitment to undergraduate teaching and service at a small college with proven enrollment growth potential that offers a distinctive identity and academic culture.
Potomac State College is part of the West Virginia University system of campuses. At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Get more details at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.