Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is currently hiring a Payroll Associate to assist with processing multi-state payroll. The Payroll Associate works under the direction of the Payroll Manager and is responsible for providing support in a deadline-driven, customer service environment. This role responds to employee inquiries while delivering quality customer service in a timely, accurate, and professional manner. The Payroll Associate will have a variety of routine and non-routine payroll functions including aspects of processing, reviewing, analyzing and performing payroll functions with full accountability. The Associate completes payroll cycles, adheres to established standards for accuracy and timeliness, provides excellent service to internal and external customers and maintains the confidentiality of all payroll and HR data.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Audit and validate payroll deductions, time entries, accrual balances and review various other payroll audit reports within the University’s Workday payroll system.
- Ensures data reflects accurate information including current wages, benefit deductions and personal leave accruals.
- Review and correct timesheet errors.
- Review and remit monthly state withholding tax payments.
- Collect contracts from the University’s Worldwide campus directors (academics and faculty administrators).
- Responsible for maintaining adjunct faculty employees including:
- Input new hires and terminations.
- Input adjunct faculty earnings.
- Accurately post adjunct faculty payouts when needed.
- Field questions from Worldwide on faculty adjunct payments, federal taxation, direct deposits, address changes and help campuses keep abreast on faculty adjunct appointment status.
- Responds to various payroll and timekeeping questions and inquiries from employees and managers, and facilitate action to find resolution; communicate and follows up with employees and managers regarding payroll issues.
- Maintain employee confidentiality and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential. Ensure payroll documents are filed in secured manner.
- Communicate and work effectively with Human Resources to review cross-departmental responsibilities and reconcile information.
- Support the Payroll Services team with various tasks as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or certification in Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
- Prior experience processing high volume, multi-state payroll
- Experience in nonprofit or higher education preferred
- Experience with Workday preferred
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated strong skills in Excel
- Demonstrated self-starter, with strong analytic, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent customer service orientation, communication skills (both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with diverse internal and external constituents in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to share knowledge and information and to learn new tasks.
- Coordinate and maintain multiple tasks simultaneously as well as deliver responses and results within established timeframes
- Demonstrate initiative through early identification of problems and resourcefulness in timely resolution.
- Demonstrate openness and responsiveness to new ideas and change and is able to influence others likewise.
- Demonstrate ability to follow through and implement plans and changes.
- Project and establish a standard reflecting a professional image through dress, demeanor and office environment.
- Foster respect from others.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach