Membership and Development Specialist
University Code 15211 University Title Development Specialist 1 University Job Family Development ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Membership and Development Specialist Position Number 578220 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Institute For Contemporary Art Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Membership and Development Specialist supports the ICA’s Director of Development by providing a wide range of database/ CRM, research, administrative, and general support, ensuring the smooth operation of the ICA’s day-to-day development and membership activities. The position provides an opportunity to gain experience in and familiarity with fundraising, philanthropy, and operations of a nonprofit organization with an international and local reach. The Membership and Development Specialist will facilitate: the coordination of the administrative and external roles of the ICA with VCU’s Development and Alumni Relations ( DAR ) offices; donor and member stewardships; the development and implementation of quarterly gift appeal pieces; quality control and data integrity; and interactions with ICA constituencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Enter data into RADAR, VCU’s donor database, a Blackbaud product, ensuring donor data integrity
• Conduct research on potential donors and possible foundation support
• Draft correspondence, copy edit appeals, and proofread letters
• Facilitate donor and member stewardship through strong and responsive communication; respond to external and internal development and membership queries
• Coordinate and track gift acknowledgement processes
• Assist the development staff in managing the membership database Doubleknot (DK); run reports and manage membership date in DK
• Assist with planning events and other donor/member activities
• Maintain donor and department files, including development materials
• Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects, as needed
• Provide general administrative support: schedule Zoom and Google Meet meetings and phone calls and maintain departmental calendars
• Track development project progress using the ICA’s project management resources
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Experience in fundraising for the nonprofit sector
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
• Familiarity with, willingness to learn, and/or experience with databases, CRMs, and project management tools
• Demonstrated clear written and oral communication abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
• Confidentiality and discretion is critical to the success and operation of this position
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Experience using Doubleknot or Blackbaud/ RADAR .
• Experience with Asana or similar project management platforms
• Interest in/passion for contemporary art and culture
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range 48,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Application review begins Friday, November 20, 2020.
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours 9-5, M-F; occasional evenings and weekends Job Open Date 11/12/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101578 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working with a CRM?
- * Please list any constituent records management (CRM) systems
you have experience using.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have demonstrated experience working in a fundraising
- * Do you have experience working in the non-profit or higher
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond