Customer Service Representative
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations.
A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning.
Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
This is The Dean Difference.
Consistently recognized as a Top Regional College and a Best Value School by U.S. News & World Report and name a College of Distinction for four consecutive years, Dean Serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 300 part-time students and offers over 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population live on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on student engagement and exceptional teaching. The Dean Difference is exemplified through each student's commitment to their professional futures, social responsibility and leadership. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more.
I. Job Summary:
The Customer Service Representative prepares, maintains, processes, and provides information regarding student financial records. As the first line of contact for the Center for Student Financial Planning and Services, the Customer Service Representative is expected to be professional, courteous, and knowledgeable about the many aspects of financial aid, student accounts and general information about Dean College.
The main responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative include empathetic and knowledgeable counseling of students and families, some oversight and training of student staff, and management of electronic, written, and verbal communications with Dean College students and their families.
II. Job Duties:
- Answer phones, emails, and assist walk-ins as the first point of contact for the Center for Student Financial Planning & Services, which encompasses the Business Office, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and the Registrar's Office
- Counsel students and parents on all aspects of the financial process. As needed, direct customers to appropriate staff for assistance.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for office staff.
- Process all incoming documents and paperwork and distribute as necessary
- Assist in supervision of student employees
- Partner with departments across-campus in collaborative outreach initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination of mailings and other communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree required;
- Bachelor's Degree preferred;
- One year of office experience preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
- Must be able to understand and communicate information to students and parents from a diverse community in a simple, clear, and logical manner;
- Ability to maintain and contribute to the professional atmosphere of the office;
- Ability to multitask in a high-energy, fast-paced environment;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Attention to detail a must;
- Flexible and self-motivated. Able to work with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Internet research.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. Dean College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
The Assistant Dean of Students, located on the second floor of the Campus Center, telephone 508-541-1841, coordinates the college's compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 Act.
The Director of Human Resources on the first floor of Dean Hall, telephone, 508-541-1681 coordinates the college's compliance with titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and amendments, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
The Dean College Athletics Department is a Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC), Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), and the USCAA and complies with all NCAA Division III Rules and Regulations.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.