Computational Science and Data Analytics Faculty Positions
Aligned with the Colorado School of Mines (Mines) emphasis on Earth, Energy and Environment, the institution is focused on addressing major societal challenges at the intersection of its traditionally strong disciplinary tracks. To strengthen these efforts, Mines has initiated a search to recruit highly talented interdisciplinary faculty.
We invite applications from candidates with expertise in broad
disciplinary areas associated with the fields of Computational
Science and Data Analytics. Candidates who have demonstrated the
potential for conducting high impact research and teaching are
highly desired. The successful candidates will be placed in various
departments across campus where they best fit for teaching and
research synergies, and joint appointments will be considered as
Specific interests for this cluster include positions in:
More details about the positions can be found HERE.
Anticipated home departments include, but are not limited to Applied Mathematics and Statistics, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Economics and Business, Geology and Geological Engineering, Geophysics, Mining Engineering, and Petroleum Engineering.
For further information, please contact the search chair, Prof. Kamini Singha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develop and deliver course materials to undergraduate and graduate students in traditional, hybrid, and online platforms demonstrating teaching excellence of high-quality and high impact scholarship.
- Supervise MS and PhD degree students.
- Establish and/or maintain a quality publication record.
- Develop a strong active externally-funded research program.
- Contribute both institutionally and professionally through active service.
- Cultivate and promote an inclusive and diverse Mines community through recruiting, mentorship, and service.
- Collaborate across campus in the areas of Computational Science and Data Analytics.
- Ph.D. in a related discipline from an accredited program by the time the appointment begins.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and curriculum development at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Assistant Professor candidates must possess academic, research lab and/or industry experience and accomplishments in a related field.
- Associate and Full Professor candidates should have similar credentials as Assistant Professor candidates as well as national distinction and a substantial record in research, teaching and/or service. In addition, Full Professor candidates should have an established international reputation.
- Successful record of teaching and research obtained via academic research, college-level teaching and/or industry or national lab experience.
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Demonstrated success in securing externally funded grants and contracts for those applying at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- Demonstrated record of research publications in archival journals and conference proceedings.
About Mines & Golden, CO:
Colorado School of Mines is a public institution dedicated to education and research in science and engineering. Located in picturesque Golden, Colorado, in the foothills of the Rockies, 15 miles west of Denver and 20 miles south of Boulder provides opportunities for significant collaboration with government labs and industry, as well as with other universities. Mines is home to approximately 5,100 undergraduate and 1,500 graduate students of which 30% are female and 10% are international. Faculty at Mines have been involved in research and education relating to the earth, energy, and the environment since its founding in 1874. Colorado School of Mines was ranked the No. 4 best engineering college in the United States by Money Magazine in 2020. Campus academic and research faculty received $78.3 million in research awards in fiscal year 2020.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen
- Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evergreen