CGHS - Doctor of Health Administration Department Chair - Remote
Health Administration Program Chair
The College of Graduate Health Studies at A.T. Still University of Health Sciences (ATSU) is looking for a dynamic person who can provide innovative leadership for the Health Administration programs. The DHA and MHA programs are online programs. The program chair works remotely, attends university, college, and department meetings remotely, and attends graduation in person annually. Candidates will have an academic doctorate in a related field and at least 3 years’ experience in graduate health administration education. Demonstrated experience with the CAHME accreditation process and online graduate education is preferred. The program chair reports to the associate dean for academics and assessment. For full consideration applications should be received by January 15, 2021.
ATSU is a fully accredited graduate health professions institution. As the founding school of Osteopathic Medicine, ATSU is committed to the integration of body, mind, and spirit. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.atsu.edu.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and implementing program strategic plans,
- Managing the programs’ budgets,
- Developing, supervising, and evaluating program faculty,
- Overseeing curriculum development,
- Assessing educational outcomes to ensure ongoing program development,
- Ensuring programmatic compliance with accreditation standards, and institutional/departmental policies,
- Participating in and advancing teaching, service, and scholarship, and
- Supporting student recruitment and retention efforts,
The Program Chair also participates on the CGHS Leadership Team to make managerial decisions, chairs the program Curriculum and Admissions committees, serves on internal and external committees to promote student success, works with Instructional Designers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure high quality courses, and works with Academic Advisors to ensure student retention and success.
Special characteristics or personality traits of the successful candidate will include:
- Self-motivated, works well independently or in a group,
- Positive attitude, flexible, willing to learn,
- Ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Interacts in a collegial and professional manner with everyone in the CGHS and ATSU communities,
- Excellent skills in: Computer and learning management system use, scholarly writing, budgeting, written and verbal communication, problem-solving, decision-making, critical thinking, organizing, interpersonal interactions, conflict management, and time management.
Applicants interested in applying for this position should: Complete the online ATSU employment application (atsu.edu/cghs-dha-chair) and attach a cover letter, curriculum vita, and the names and contact information (phone & email) of three professional references.
Inquiries about the position may be directed to:Jim Farris, PT, PhD Health Administration Program Chair Search Committee Chair AT Still University, College of Graduate Health Studies 5850 East Still Circle Mesa, Arizona 85206 Phone: 480 219-6044 firstname.lastname@example.org
A.T. Still University (ATSU) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities. Dating violence, domestic violence, sexual assault (e.g., non-consensual sexual contact/intercourse), stalking, harassment, and retaliation are forms of discrimination prohibited by ATSU.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Teacher Education Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville