Chair/ Director of the Catherine W. Wood School of Nursing
Chair/Program Director of the Catherine W. Wood School of Nursing
Campbell University invites applications for the Chair/Program Director of the Catherine W. Wood School of Nursing. This is a twelve-month appointment (tenure track associate or full professor) in the Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences and reports directly to the Associate Dean for Health Sciences.
The Chair/Director is responsible for recruiting and developing faculty, overseeing curricular development and clinical rotations, all in collaboration with departmental faculty and college administration. The Director will have oversight of departmental budget, scheduling of classes and departmental activities, maintaining communication, and interdepartmental collaborations.
Requirements | Qualifications
The chair is expected to be a person with exceptional leadership abilities who will bring to the position a distinguished record of academic achievement and professional accomplishment. The chair must 1) be a registered nurse (RN), 2) hold a graduate degree in nursing, and 3) hold a doctoral degree in nursing or a closely related field. Candidates must hold current licensure as a registered nurse in North Carolina or be eligible for licensure and is expected to have the rank of tenure-track associate or full professor. The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong commitment to the academic values appropriate to the school’s mission;
- Demonstrate a record of successfully mentoring and developing faculty members;
- Have experience guiding curricular development;
- Have significant experience with nursing education accreditation processes;
- Demonstrate a record of collaboration with other health professionals;
- Demonstrate a record of inclusive decision-making;
- Demonstrate a record of innovation and engagement with stakeholders;
- Have experience with interdisciplinary education (given the current expansion of health programs within the university);
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and leadership style that motivates and empowers faculty.
With over 125 years of rich history, Campbell University is a leading private university in North Carolina, with an enrollment of over 6,000 students. The University’s mission is to graduate students with exemplary academic and professional skills who are prepared for purposeful lives and meaningful service. It is informed and inspired by Christian principles and perspectives. The University excels in preparing students both in the liberal arts and sciences and in the professions. Its schools include the College of Arts and Sciences, the Lundy-Fetterman School of Business, the School of Education, the Divinity School, the College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, the Jerry M. Wallace School of Osteopathic Medicine, the School of Engineering, and the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law.
College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Campbell University established its nationally acclaimed College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences (CPHS) in 1986. Programs within the college include: undergraduate degrees in pre-pharmacy, clinical research, nursing and pharmaceutical sciences; graduate degrees in clinical research, pharmaceutical sciences and public health; professional degrees in doctor of health sciences, doctor of pharmacy, doctor of physical therapy, and masters of physician assistant practice; and nine dual degrees.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek
- Nursing Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Buies Creek