Visiting Asst. Professor of Theater & Assoc. Producer of Theater Programing-Spring21,Fall 21,Spr22
- Candidates should have an MFA in Directing, Technical Theater, Design, Production, or Theater Management. Candidates with equivalent professional experience might also be considered.
- Seeking a candidate with a proven professional record in the areas of Directing, Artistic Producing, and/or Theatrical Design & Production; at least 3 years of university teaching experience.
- Qualified candidates will have experience with and a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Candidates should have a record of engagement with work by BIPOC and non-Western writers and artists
- The qualified candidate should have experience with recruitment of a diverse student population.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Location: Florham Campus (Madison, NJ)
Summary of Position: The Visiting Assisant Professor of Theater and Associate Producer of Theater Programming will be responsible for teaching, directing, recruiting and advising students, and collaborating with other Theater department faculty on the selection and execution of a full theater season.
- The Visiting Professor will teach (3) classes per semester in
Directing and/or Design/Production (with additional potential
offerings in Musical Theater, Theater History, Stage Management,
and World Theater) based on expertise.
- Direct one play or musical per semester on the Dreyfuss Main
Stage or Barn Theater.
- Assist in recruitment efforts including attending associated
activities such as open houses, recruitment fairs and student
- Advise and mentor Theater students.
- Oversight of the burgeoning Technical Theater and Directing
- Develop external relationships with professional Theater organizations and higher education institutions to help recruit and retain students.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Theater and Theater faculty, as well as with colleagues in the School of the Arts and other departments at FDU to ensure quality of curriculum and program excellence.
Applicants should submit a statement of interest, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, and three references online at https://jobs.fdu.edu. Review of completed applications begins immediately.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Fairleigh Dickinson University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to a diverse workforce.