Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
The Senior Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for leading and implementing digital marketing strategies to better advance the University’s identity and aid in marketing and communication efforts using its websites and other digital communication channels. The person in this role will manage digital content and must be knowledgeable and capable of writing, designing, editing and publishing content across all NEOMED current and desired communication platforms (web, digital newsletter, blogs, social, email, video and intranet). This position reports to the Chief Marketing Officer & Vice President of Communications.
This Senior Digital Marketing Strategist is responsible for improving the volume and quality of traffic to assigned web pages/sites from search engines’ search results and making recommendations to position the University website in a competitive search engine optimization (SEO) environment.
While most content will be originally written/produced by others, the Senior Digital Marketing Strategist is expected to ensure such content includes engaging images/graphics and compelling copy, as well as remains relevant to the channels used and the audiences targeted.
The Senior Digital Marketing Strategist will also be responsible for developing, directing, managing, executing and interpreting the performance of digital marketing campaigns ― display, PPC, email, etc.― to support strategic goals, increase brand awareness, activate the brand and generate qualified leads. These efforts require expertise analyzing and understanding key performance metrics and underlying drivers in addition to strong communications and project management skills.
While the Senior Digital Marketing Strategist serves as the web administrator and is responsible for directly managing all digital marketing and communication content, they may provide direction to third-party web development and support vendors to perform web services. Additionally, they must provide direction to others such as MarCom specialist(s) who may not report to them but can assist in publishing. The Senior Digital Marketing Strategist must also provide direction, web publishing guidelines, and when necessary, permissions, to approximately 70 web editors who represent Colleges, programs, departments, research and other areas of the University. They must also collaborate with the Integrated Marketing Specialist who manages social media accounts to ensure that digital media strategies are aligned and optimized to meaningfully connect with the University’s audiences across all its channels—including the websites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and Instagram.
The person in this role must be capable of developing, coordinating and executing digital solutions to several MarCom plans ― Colleges, programs, departments, research and other areas ― at once. Such efforts across NEOMED websites and its daily digital newsletter and website, must never conflict with overarching goals to build the University’s brand and awareness; to support enrollment; to help its Foundation build public goodwill and philanthropic efforts; and to sustain its excellent relationships with students, alumni and donors as well as civic, public and private organizations.
In addition to website and project management, the candidate would ideally have experience in digital production, videography and photography.
The person in this position must be an outstanding communicator who demonstrates excellent analytical skills and good judgment; a commitment to service excellence, innovation and student success; and integrity, best practices, and the promotion of diversity in the performance of job duties.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
• Develop and execute an ongoing digital content creation strategy.
• Implement digital strategies to support and reflect MarCom plans and activates the University’s brand.
• Coordinate with departments and web editors on the scope and direction of content creation.
• Manage the content for the University’s daily digital newsletter.
• Manage the University’s websites utilizing HTML, CSS, design software and the content management system (WordPress).
• Plan, create, edit, update and manage web structure and design, create graphics and interactive assets.
• Use tools (Site Improve and Google Analytics) to measure the effectiveness of content and develop insights from the data on how to plan future content.
• Uses Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc), animation software and other tools to develop creative assets for the web.
• Maintains currency with emerging and state-of-the-art technical and other web-related equipment, requirements and developments (e.g., accessibility issues) and recommends and as directed, takes action to ensure compliance.
• Plans, executes, collaborates on all web and SEO/SEM strategies
• Effectively communicate visual ideas and designs that result in a positive user experience.
• Act as the owner of website performance, with a focus on optimizing for search and user experience. Analyze digital data to draw key recommendations around website optimization.
• Develop clear and measurable KPIs and goals, report progress regularly, communicate results, and re-incorporate results to improve future campaigns.
• Oversee paid digital media advertising campaigns.
• Collaborates with vendors and internal teams to create landing pages and plan & run A/B testing, conversion testing and other experiments to optimize user experience.
• Set direction and make recommendations for continuous improvement of digital marketing platforms.
• Participate in the selection and management of related vendors and agencies, as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education/Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field, or
an associate degree or technical training with two additional years of experience (in addition to 7-yr minimum), is desired.
Experience: 7+ years’ combined experience in
digital marketing strategy and analytics; website design,
architecture and web authoring; and social media or related fields,
3+ years’ proven success in a digital/web management role.
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and
• Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and the content management systems (WordPress).
• Uses Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc), animation software, and other tools to develop creative assets for the web.
• Hands-on experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, and CRM software. Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in digital content management and marketing, content creation and social media.
• Working knowledge of user interface design, information architecture and web design procedures.
• Proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities while maintaining a positive, professional image of the organization.
• Well-versed in developing customer-driven marketing strategies based on consumer insights, competitive landscape and brand knowledge.
• Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing and customer service-oriented.
• Excellent verbal communication skills; able to interface in a matrix management and service-oriented environment with many departments and a diversity of needs.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rootstown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rootstown
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Rootstown