Licensed Vocational Nurse II
The Baylor Teen Health Clinic currently provides pregnancy testing, family planning, sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and HIV/AIDS education and screening, primary healthcare, and case management services to teens, their partners, and adolescents in Harris County. The clinics provide services to teens from the age of 13-24.
Services We Provide:
• Comprehensive Exams (Male & Female)
• Gynecological services
• Birth control and family planning
• Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
• Primary healthcare
• HIV/AIDS education and screening
Competent level vocational nurse who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting. Assists physicians and registered nurses in the areas of patient care including treatment room examination and procedures, schedules tests and appointments, and records and communicates information to referring physicians.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practice as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Assists physicians and registered nurses with various medical procedures.
- Administers a variety of tests and medications and takes patients’ vital signs.
- Schedules appointments, tests, and procedures for patients.
- Collects pertinent clinical data to support the RN, APP and/or MD with patient clinical telephone calls, refers and preauthorizes treatment, and provides information to patient.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; stocks and orders treatment room supplies.
- Maintains a professional and cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, and building rapport by participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Enter additional information into other databases, such as HIV and STI results.
- Manage vaccine inventories.
- Submit monthly clinic volume reports.
- Education Required: High School diploma or G.E.D and graduated from an approved licensed practical nurse/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN).
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
- Experience administering Immunizations and drawing blood for lab tests.
- Experience working with teens and young adults.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.