Senior Marketing Manager
The Chronicle of Higher Education seeks a Senior Marketing Manager, Client Solutions to deliver a broad range of quality marketing programs that meet client expectations. Managing a team of marketers and internal and external resources, the senior manager oversees the creation, execution, and effectiveness of sold programs to achieve revenue goals for the recruitment, institutional, and corporate businesses of The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced B2B marketer with deep experience in leading teams that execute compelling marketing programs for a range of clients. The senior manager will be a seasoned professional used to working with highly demanding clients and leveraging all available resources to exceed expectations. The senior manager will also have experience managing events in both live and virtual settings.
Post-Sales Delivery of Marketing Campaigns
- Lead and execute post-sale lead generation campaigns with clear metrics to deliver on booked sales revenue
- Generate creative campaign concepts for a range of product lines to support content marketing, sales enablement, and revenue generation initiatives
- Work closely with peers including graphic designers, events team, and marketing strategists to ensure that the team meets goals as efficiently as possible
- Execute a strategic mix of earned, owned, and paid promotions with the goal of ensuring delivery of all Chronicle Intelligence and Content Studio programs
- Draft, edit, and oversee all post-sale campaign copy development, including emails, print and online advertising, events, and special promotions
- Oversee the effective delivery of all client programs post-sale, including management of key accounts
Live and Virtual Event Marketing
- Work with senior leadership to build out and execute the company strategy around virtual events
- Define program goals and timelines related to key event deliverables and work with stakeholders to ensure they are met
- Oversee virtual tools and technologies used across all events, including making platform recommendations and ensuring operational excellence
- Work closely with senior leaders, marketers and sales and editorial leads to execute a wide range of virtual event models ensuring audience and sponsor value
- Manage sponsor event planning and execution
- Manage sponsored live events and hybrid models as appropriate
- Coordinate Chronicle-hosted events at conferences, including receptions and group sales dinners as appropriate
Project and Team Management
- Manage matrixed team resources to deliver effective marketing efforts on time and on budget
- Oversee all project schedules and team project management to ensure that deadlines are met and provide weekly updates to senior management as appropriate
- Work with Marketing Operations team to improve project management practices and use of best practices in email marketing
- Manage direct reports, establishing clear development plans, which include S.M.A.R.T. goals, quarterly progress reports, and frequent and ongoing coaching of staff
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field. Master's Degree in marketing or business administration preferred
- 8+ years of experience in a product or campaign marketing role, preferably including experience working in a publishing/agency environment
- 3+ years of previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated track record in executing integrated campaigns in a variety of mediums including print, digital, events, and social media
- Experience working on multiple campaigns consecutively in a high-volume setting
- Experience working on virtual events and webinars delivering high quality experiences
- Experience working on live event marketing and logistics and working exhibit booths
- Strong understanding of ROI-oriented marketing, including experience with marketing automation tools such as Marketo or HubSpot
- Demonstrated strong business, analytical, prioritization, project management and planning skills
- Ability to analyze campaign performance
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage a team to produce effective marketing campaigns
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills with internal and external audiences
- Ability to write according to established brand guidelines
How to Apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Marketing Manager” in the subject heading.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.