Director, Marketing and Digital Strategy
The Chronicle is seeking a dynamic Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy to join our Content Revenue team. The Director will be responsible for cultivating relationships with the audiences of The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy and all associated brands. Primarily, this will include growing new subscriptions and maximizing retention of current subscriptions, as well as managing all marketing planning and implementation, online product marketing and pricing to achieve the forecasted revenue goals. In this role, the Director will ensure audience engagement, meeting key performance indicators, analyzing results, and making recommendations on product development and strategy. The Director will work collaboratively with team members and subject matter experts to cultivate and fully implement the strategy throughout the organization.
- Develop strategy for Content Revenue (including, but not limited to, print and online subscriptions, online products and online registrations) with defined metrics and goals in coordination with the Associate Publisher
- Manage the execution of all new business promotion efforts including, but not limited to, online, email, social media, and direct mail
- Manage the execution of promotion plans for ancillary content products such as webinars, workshops, data, content collections, etc.
- Work collaboratively with Associate Publisher and colleagues to develop new marketing strategies and implement new marketing ideas, keeping current on best practices and innovative marketing strategies and tactics
- Manage the execution of all retention promotion plans including, but not limited to, renewal notices, automatic renewals and online and telemarketing retention programs
- Determine, evaluate and implement overall Content Revenue priorities for Chronicle.com and Philanthropy.com in new digital product development structure to ensure alignment with a subscriber-first strategy including needs, goals and requirements
- Using trends and insights from data, evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and working within the product development team, initiate products and features that grow our audiences and digital revenue
- Collaborate with Editorial, Technical and Business Solutions’ teams to create new online strategies, including social media, to drive traffic, user registration and paid subscriptions to all products
- Lead, participate in, and contribute to cross-functional strategic teams, working groups, taskforces, and initiatives
- Create yearly Content Revenue marketing budget and manage financial reconciliations monthly
- Strategically analyze and interpret all audience data, including, but not limited to, print promotion analyses, web analytics, total audience analysis, and regression/profiling analysis
- Manage and develop circulation forecasts using Webber Model or other forecasting tools
- Create revenue projections and other appropriate forecasting for new products such as events, membership, and data
- Develop and manage Content Revenue marketing staff
- Oversee and approve day-to-day activities and marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Management or related area of study; or a combination of relevant education and experience
- 7+ years of experience working in subscription or membership marketing with an emphasis on acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Ability to build strong relationships with academic and nonprofit audiences
- Exceptional integrated direct marketing skills
- Strong digital marketing acumen including SEM/SEO
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead and motivate a team and provide formal and informal feedback
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of working cross-functionally, preferably with editorial, technical, product, creative and sales teams
- Analytical thinker with a strategic and innovative approach
- Encourages a results-oriented culture that is strong in tracking sales and promotions, ROI and campaign results
- Collaborative, flexible and collegial team player able to operate at all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- Consistently demonstrates a sense of urgency, decisiveness, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment
How to Apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Director, Marketing and Digital Strategy” in the subject heading.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.