The Human Resources Department at the University of Colorado Boulder encourages applications for a Professional Recruiter . This role will focus on providing staff recruiting services as a strategic partner for the Boulder campus. As a professional recruiter, you will build partnerships with campus departments and advise on recruitment strategies and processes to ensure a highly qualified and diverse applicant pool; actively source talent for difficult to fill positions; devise and implement candidate assessment and evaluation strategies to measure qualifications and competencies; guide managers through interviews and negotiating offers; provide training on various topics related to the hiring process and provide direction in the area of University policy and state and federal law. Additionally, you will work in collaboration with other units within HR on a regular basis.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
We exist to create success through others as we all strive to achieve the goals and fulfill the mission of CU Boulder. We contribute leadership, ideas, and services that allow each person – whether an individual contributor or manager; a member of the faculty or staff – to do what they do…better.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Professional Recruiting Services
- Provide professional guidance and oversight to campus managers and departments throughout the recruiting process from start to finish.
- Coordinate all the hiring steps, including initiating strategy meetings with departmental managers to discuss recruiting needs and effective strategies.
- Build an appropriate recruitment plan with the hiring supervisor including timelines and a strategic plan for all participants in the search process.
- Create defensible recruiting processes based on valid and reliable, objective criteria; draft the job announcement, develop strong and relevant job qualifications.
- Create job related online application questions; approve and post positions through our applicant tracking system, providing guidance and coordination on additional outreach and advertising; actively source talent when necessary.
- Screen applications against qualifications.
- Develop, administer, or coordinate a job-related assessment process.
- Evaluate candidate interviews against job-specific competencies and qualifications.
- Provide strong candidate care by ensuring timely and relevant communication.
- Offer expertise in the areas of assessment, interviewing, reference checking, and making an offer.
- Provide continual customer service and communication updates for each step in the process.
- Provide training to various constituents on all facets of recruiting and hiring.
- Provide strategic direction to departments about underlying issues related to their hiring needs.
- Lead and involve appropriate resources to investigate and analyze the causes of turnover, the details behind a vacancy, the current talent pool, the department structure, the primary business need, performance or management-related problems, and any other HR-related issues.
- Provide advice on the best methods to fill a vacancy by considering internal promotions, transfers, existing lists, and external searches.
- Coordinate with and refer non-recruiting issues to the appropriate HR specialists.
Policy Interpretation, Guidance, Training and Cross-Functional Professional Development
- Advise, interpret and guide university employees, supervisors, and/or job applicants regarding University policies and state and federal laws and regulations; conduct campus training programs as needed; and develop, implement and communicate related reference or "how-to" materials.
- Assist with the implementation of new processes and technologies to improve outreach and services to the campus and to ensure legal and policy compliance.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in cross-functional areas of HR, such as layoff and retention processes, reasonable employer assessment, position management, compensation, labor relations issues, etc.
- Stay current in the area recruiting by attending professional development meetings, webinars, and training.
- Strategize with recruitment managers to identify and implement improvements to search processes to address efficiencies, recruiting strategies, and compliance issues with the Affirmative Action Plan or other federal/state regulations.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this position starts at $52,000.00.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Collaborative. Be Engaged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Appropriate experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
- One year of professional recruiting experience.
What You Will Need
- Excellent and active listening skills and the ability to understand the business needs and functions of campus departments.
- Ability to think strategically by transforming business needs into a strong recruitment plan.
- Ability to persuade and convince others of a plan of action by establishing subject matter expertise and understanding the political environment.
- Expertise and proven knowledge of legal requirements related to sourcing and recruiting highly qualified and diverse applicant pools.
- Ability to interpret state, federal, and campus policies make decisions and guide departments on appropriate courses of action where guidance is unclear.
- Ability to develop and conduct training for multiple audiences.
- An understanding of multiple cultural backgrounds and the ability to recognize this impact within hiring and recruitment practices.
- Experience with and a commitment to understanding and addressing barriers impacting underrepresented applicants and candidates.
- Superior organizational skills including the ability to keep track of many processes, while being attentive to details.
- Demonstrated experience providing high levels of customer support.
- Demonstrable competence multitasking in a high volume environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
Experience evaluating and interviewing candidates to provide finalists to hiring managers.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 22, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder