Senior Marketing Specialist
The Chronicle is seeking a Senior Marketing Specialist to join our Content Revenue team. As the senior marketing specialist, you’ll impact and support revenue generation for The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s suite of products through the execution of integrated marketing campaigns. You’ll partner with the Senior Director, Digital and Marketing Strategy and Marketing Manager to increase awareness and engagement for The Chronicle within relevant audiences, implement best practices for creating and deploying email, digital, social, and direct mail campaigns, and oversee the reporting and analysis of off- and online marketing programs. This role reports to the senior director, digital and marketing strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Work with marketing manager to develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns for all webinars, subscriptions, events, reports, and special issues.
- Create engaging and effective marketing copy for all marketing campaigns, including email, web ads, print ads, direct mail, and social media, promoting the purchase of and engagement with all Content Revenue products and services.
- Assist team with testing and optimizing marketing strategies to increase channel conversion rates.
- Utilize key analytics and user behavior to optimize all marketing copy and efforts to increase campaign effectiveness and conversion.
- Request and oversee the development of creative assets and deliverables to ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure requested ad campaigns are up and running to meet our campaign goals and increase customer awareness.
- Work with third party vendors to support all subscription, webinar, and special issues revenue-related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in digital and/or direct marketing role; or a combination of relevant education, training, and experience
- A solid understanding of digital marketing, including email marketing and social media
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills with a history of working cross-functionally across departments
- Collaborative, flexible and collegial team player able to operate at all levels of the organization
- Consistently demonstrates a sense of urgency, reliability and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Experience with digital marketing and analytic platforms, such as Blueconic, Marketo, Iterable, Shopify, Tableau, and Adobe Analytics are preferred
How to Apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Senior Marketing Specialist” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive, and we offer excellent benefits and 5 weeks of vacation.
A journalism-driven multimedia company, The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy provide award-winning news coverage to people on college campuses and to nonprofit organizations around the world. Vitae is The Chronicle’s online career hub, which offers free career management tools, a powerful community, and the candid insights that academics need to build successful careers and fulfill their mission.
The Chronicle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.