Senior Marketing Operations Manager
The Chronicle of Higher Education seeks a multifaceted senior marketing operations manager who would be responsible for all marketing systems, databases, and processes necessary to ensure that our marketing operations meet the performance and revenue goals for both The Chronicle of Higher Education and The Chronicle of Philanthropy. The Senior Manager works closely with stakeholders from across the company to administer our marketing databases and systems, and to oversee the team’s project management processes and marketing vendors to ensure that we able to meet our organizational goals.
The Senior Manager is also responsible for managing a small in-house team, and for overseeing the company’s marketing database and email execution, working with email marketers across multiple teams to ensure our use of email marketing follows industry best practices.
- Partner with technology team and key internal stakeholders to ensure marketing systems are being used to effectively and efficiently to meet our business needs
- Administer marketing automation platform (Marketo) and marketing project management tools (Wrike) in support of all lines of business
- Manage all marketing vendor contracts and operational expenses, including marketing automation platform, project management systems and consulting services as needed
- Proactively manage all email marketing IP addresses to ensure strong sender reputation, including monitoring and maintaining excellent email deliverability scores
- Oversee all data synchronizations between Marketo and other business systems to ensure data integrity
- Perform regular data cleanliness procedures and oversee list management and purchasing to ensure a healthy marketing database
- Act as internal email marketing expert, ensuring best-in-class email practices are followed by all marketing teams and train team members accordingly
- Work with sales leadership to accurately represent marketable database to external clients, keeping up-to-date data cards and pulling specific list requests for sales reps as necessary
- Build and optimize automated email marketing campaigns to grow size of marketable contacts using a variety of email-based engagement tactics (including welcome, profile completion, and nurture series)
- Ensure consistent campaign testing methodology is being applied and shared across all business teams
- Provide regular database and campaign performance reporting for internal and external clients
- Keep up-to-date process and training materials for marketing teams
- Ensure that The Chronicle remains compliant with all U.S. and global data management and email marketing regulations
- Oversee Chronicle’s unsubscribe process and pages
- At least 8 years of experience in marketing operations, database marketing, or email marketing, preferably in a B2B organization.
- 4+ years of experience administering a robust marketing automation platform, such as Marketo, Eloqua, or HubSpot.
- A minimum of 2 years previous supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent field of study preferred.
- Strong understanding of ROI-oriented marketing, with demonstrated experience in marketing analytics and campaign analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively interact with people from a range of disciplines (technologists, journalists, business teams, and senior executives).
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- A player-coach, with the ability to lead an essential internal function and dig deep into detailed process and data management areas.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment; work independently & collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
How to Apply:
We’d love to hear from you. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Senior Marketing Operations Manager” in the subject heading.
The Chronicle is based in Washington, D.C. Our salaries are competitive, and we offer excellent benefits and 5 weeks of vacation.
The Chronicle is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply for Senior Marketing Operations Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.