Desktop Operations Specialist
Butler University’s Information Technology department is currently seeking a passionate and skilled Desktop Operations Specialist who is eager to join a team that values education, collaboration, innovation, and fun. The Specialist will enjoy a unique opportunity to be involved in Butler’s client technology support operations at all levels, including endpoint systems, applications, enterprise desktop management, daily operations, support, and maintenance. Candidates must be highly organized and excellent communicators, and have a passion for providing consistent, high-quality service.
Primarily, the Specialist will focus on providing world-class desktop and application support to Butler faculty, staff, and students. While most work is processed and resolved in the form of cases, involvement in larger, long-term projects are also in this position’s duties, such as assisting with execution of the desktop replacement cycle for both faculty/staff and labs/classrooms.
In addition, the Specialist will be responsible for a variety of application systems including both hosted and on-premise solutions. Responsibilities largely include “Tier 3” level support, advanced move/add/change requests, advanced troubleshooting, and operational tasks such as applying patches/updates as needed. The Specialist will also provide detailed written documentation of support protocols for supported applications. Additionally, as the SME for many of these systems, the Specialist may be asked to provide end-user training from time to time.
Butler IT’s Desktop Operation team oversees more than 2,500 Butler-owned devices; nearly 200 application systems, which span all functions of the university (from academics to athletics); as well as other classroom mediation technology and A/V equipment across an ever-growing campus. All interested applicants should be driven, detail-oriented, flexible, organized, and team-oriented.
Key accountabilities of the Desktop Operations Specialist include:
• Resolve support incidents/requests (cases); ensure problem ownership and promote end-user satisfaction. Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve problems as part of a team.
• Provide and be committed to exceptional customer service and proactively undertake initiatives that improve customer experience.
• Serve as a senior technician and provide advanced-level support for application-related incidents/requests.
• Provide operational support for assigned application systems including but not limited to patching, applying updates, etc.
• Participate in other projects as assigned and serve as liaison to project teams in the department.
• Provide ad-hoc end-user training for application systems.
• Build and maintain system documentation and support articles for a variety of audiences.
Minimum requirements include:
• 2+ years of experience in a full-time technical support role, preferably with an emphasis on providing desktop and application support for enterprise-level systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Proven customer service and telephone skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor under pressure
• Self-starter, capable of making independent decisions based on sound analysis
• With little experience or guidance, display a willingness to fully engage in the support process for application systems
• Flexibility in a changing environment
• Proven experience in analyzing system/business processes to identify inefficiencies and developing strategies for improvement
• Ability and desire to thrive in a team environment
• Willingness to work extra hours when needed; some evenings, early mornings and weekends
Preferred requirements include:
• Experience with any of the following:
o Salesforce (Service Cloud)
o Advanced-level operating system support (Windows/Mac OS X)
o Cisco Call Manager / Cisco CCX / Cisco Unity
o Microsoft 365 / Exchange Online
o Microsoft Active Directory / LDAP
• Experience with an enterprise desktop management system (SCCM or JAMF)
• General experience with Windows and Macintosh desktop operating systems; working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; hardware troubleshooting and repair experience
• Experience with vendor relationship management
• Project management/budgeting experience
• Experience in a higher education and/or a large/complex IT organization
• Experience with writing, organizing and maintaining technical documentation
• 4-year degree in a technical field
Additionally, qualified candidates should possess the following:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail; demonstrated teamwork skills
• Proven customer service and telephone skills; professional appearance and demeanor under pressure
• Desire to learn and support multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, Apple, etc.)
• Ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize and solve problems
• Experience leading small and mid-sized projects
• Ability to organize/manage work that is assigned from different sources while balancing shifting priorities
• Flexibility in a changing environment and self-starter, capable of making independent decisions
• Character traits, including the following: trustworthy; exhibits bias for action and avoids analysis paralysis; seeks to understand before being understood; client advocate; and willing to change and try new things
• Willingness to work extra hours as needed; some evenings, early mornings and weekends to accommodate maintenance window
To apply, applicants should visit http://www.butler.edu/hr.
Advertised: November 11, 2020
Applications close: November 27, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis