Help Desk Support Specialist
Butler University’s Information Technology department is currently seeking a driven and customer-centric Help Desk Technician who is eager to join a team which values lifelong learning, collaboration, customer service, and fun.
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for providing front line technology support to Butler constituents (students, faculty, staff, affiliates, alumni, and visitors) in person, over the phone, via remote control, chat and email. This individual will troubleshoot, resolve 70% of issues, document and follow up on end user issues, and occasionally manage internal projects and processes pertaining to these responsibilities. Ideal candidate must have a passion for supporting end users of all levels, an aptitude for and an interest in learning more about technology, superb customer service skills, and excellent organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Provide and be committed to exceptional customer service. Serve the University as a client advocate. Represent Butler University and Information Technology in a professional manner. Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Provide front line computer and technology support to Butler constituents in person, over the phone, via remote control, chat and email using established procedures and methods. Resolve 70% of support incidents/requests (cases).
- Identify, troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve problems as part of a larger team.
- Provide client endpoint support for hardware and software including Microsoft Windows and Macintosh operating systems, Microsoft 365 applications, as well as various other applications, including Zoom, Canvas, Google Apps, Panopto, and WordPress.
- Methodically troubleshoot network, hardware, and software issues; document and follow up on end user issues. Occasionally manage internal projects and processes pertaining to these responsibilities.
- Log and detail all incidents and requests in Salesforce; escalate issues as needed. Create, update and manage internal procedural and end user documentation in the knowledge base.
- Analyze trends that point to systemic issues and act as a central point of contact when issues arise. Analyze support/system/business processes to identify inefficiencies and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Understand the functions of IT and other departments at Butler in order to be able to route cases accurately; triage and assess priority according to established standards.
- Independently manage workload (which includes both reactive and proactive work) efficiently, effectively, and on-time, while allowing for changing priorities.
- Willingness to work extra hours when needed; occasional evening, early mornings and/or weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Two years’ full-time experience troubleshooting/resolving client issues in a technical support environment.
- Ability and desire to thrive on a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Self-starter, capable of making independent decisions and using good judgment.
- Understanding of basic technology hardware, software and networking.
- Extensive knowledge of and working experience with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and solve issues not previously encountered.
- Professional appearance and demeanor under pressure; ability to gracefully deal with difficult situations.
Preferred qualifications include:
- College degree or applicable professional certifications.
- Experience in a higher education and/or a large/complex IT organization.
- Experience with an enterprise desktop management system (SCCM or JAMF Casper Suite) and/or experience supporting enterprise systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Cisco telephony, and VMware.
- Experience with: hardware troubleshooting; simple repairs; web/desktop publishing; mobile devices; network printing; viruses/spyware; wireless; IP; and telephony systems, all beneficial.
- Experience with Macintosh OS X and standard Mac applications (e.g., iLife, Office for Mac, etc.).
- Experience providing excellent remote technical assistance.
- Experience with writing, organizing and maintaining technical and end user documentation.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and changing priorities.
- Experience leading small projects.
Advertised: November 11, 2020
Applications close: November 27, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis