Provost and Dean
Palm Beach State College invites qualified applicants for the position of Provost and Dean!
Job Summary: Reporting to the President as a member of senior management, the Provost and Student Services Dean is responsible for providing leadership, planning, development, and administration of the Campus. Provides executive level direction in fulfilling the mission and vision of the College as it relates to the Campus, and aligns the College’s strategic priorities to the Campus. Administers due process for students as it relates to appeals and complaints. Determines applications of the Code of Conduct after thorough investigation of violations contributing to Campus safety and well-being. Develops, recommends, and implements Campus and College policies, procedures, and strategic goals. Acts as a College liaison and reaches out to the surrounding community, business groups, and schools as a recognized leader to promote College programs and provide further educational momentum to the Campus and a diverse student body.
Starting Salary: $97,682.00. Commensurate with education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary)
- Provides leadership for the campus in fulfilling the mission of the College. May include overall coordination of campus academic, business and student service activities.
- Develops and maintains effective partnerships with businesses, agencies, and community members. Represents and promotes the College at cultural, social and community events.
- Maintains a campus climate in support of multicultural diversity that promotes academic achievement, and professional and personal development for administration, faculty, staff and students.
- Manages and oversees the campus student disciplinary process. Adjudicates student disciplinary cases.
- Develops short-term and long-range goals, objectives, priorities, and recommendations.
- Responds to complex inquiries from all levels of employees or external sources regarding a variety of questions, such as clarification of College or Campus policy and procedures.
- Directs and oversees comprehensive budget for campus.
- Travels between College campuses and outside locations for meetings and other purposes. Represents the College at community meetings, professional associations, business groups, and civic clubs.
- Monitor various projects to insure maximum effectiveness and compliance.
- Develops and trains staff, performs needs analysis, arranges, coordinates, delivers, evaluates, and monitors staff development and performance.
- Guides, leads, reviews, verifies, observes, and manages the work of people reporting directly and indirectly to you.
- Communicates administrative and informational matters to college personnel and others through written and online methods as necessary.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree
- Eight years of related experience, to include experience in supervision
- Federal, state and local education laws and guidelines
- Management principles, practices and procedures
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication, including group presentation and community relations
- Thinking strategically, effectively analyzing data, and implementing data-informed decisions
- Managing and resolving conflict in a positive manner
- Fact finding, analysis, and problem solving
- Motivating subordinates to apply the effort necessary to attain organizational and departmental goals
- Attention to detail while maintaining effective time and task management
- Establishing strategic plans for future success
- Gain the confidence and respect of diverse stakeholders in order to work effectively and build relationships of trust
- Establish ownership of areas of responsibility with an aptitude to anticipate and pro-actively execute tasks while identifying areas of enhancement, efficiencies, and solutions
- Interact in a positive manner with diverse populations and varying education levels of students, faculty, staff, and the public
- Build relationships, manage customer expectations and take responsibility for a high level of service
- Accurately manage a budget
- Demonstrate decisive leadership and encourage team-building
Licenses, Registration, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
- Regular physical attendance required
Education and Experience:
- Doctorate degree
- Experience in higher education administration
Work Environment and Physical Demand:
- Reach and grasp objects
- Stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use of video display terminal
- Use of manual dexterity and fine motor skills
- Identify and distinguish colors and shades of color
- Communicate information orally and in writing
- Receive and understand information through oral and written communication
- Proofread and check documents for accuracy
- Work a fluctuating work schedule
This job description is intended to be generic in nature and describe the essential functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The essential duties, functions and responsibilities, and overtime eligibility may vary based on the specific tasks assigned to the position.