Administrative Assistant 2
University of Idaho
Administrative Assistant 2
Division/College: General Counsel
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.95 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Part Time
The Administrative Assistant 2 is responsible for providing daily operations and administrative support to the Office of General Counsel. Duties include maintaining an understanding and involvement in the activities and responsibilities of the attorneys therein; serving as the point of contact for the office; preparing and processing correspondence and other business documents; and assisting in the preparation of meetings, seminars and hearings. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant 2 will be responsible for processing financial transactions within the department budget system, preparing reports; reviewing requests for expenditures of funds; ordering, expediting and tracking of material purchases; ensuring the proper operation of office equipment; monitoring, reconciling and maintaining records; identifying, researching and resolving problems; liaising with individuals and department on and off campus; coordinating travel; and ensuring compliance with department, college, and university procedures.
- Two (2) or more years experience in providing administrative support;
- Experience in: maintaining confidentiality; operating office machinery and computer software applications; compiling and analyzing information; identifying and defining problems and solutions; developing, organizing and implementing administrative projects and procedures; preparing financial and administrative reports.
- Bachelor’s degree and one (1) year of related work experience or a combination of education and related experience equal to five (5) years;
- Experience working in a legal office;
- Knowledge of: University of Idaho policies; business procedures and organization structure; experience in office management; supervisory skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to: act independently and exercise initiative; developing reports and recommendations for planning, organizing and implementing special projects and initiative; work with a diverse range of issues and activities; establish and maintain effective working relationships; maintain a high level of organization concerning various aspects of the attorneys’ activities; use good judgment in dealing with a variety of customers; maintain confidentiality while managing highly sensitive documents and information;
- Demonstrated: dependability, initiative and strong work ethic; leadership, organizational and decision-making abilities;
- Good knowledge of University software applications such as Banner.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002638P
Posting Date: 11/11/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
To receive first consideration, please submit a letter of qualification along with a current resume no later than November 30, 2020.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.