Director, Law Library
Seton Hall University School of Law seeks to fill the position of Professor and Executive Director of the Peter W. Rodino, Jr. Law Library Center for Information and Technology (the “Rodino Center Director”). Named after Peter W. Rodino, Jr.—a congressman from New Jersey who served as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee and oversaw the impeachment process against President Richard Nixon—the Rodino Center brings together library and information technology professionals, providing a streamlined research experience for our students: https://law.shu.edu/rodino-center/index.cfm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Rodino Center Director is required to teach and produce legal scholarship. The successful candidate will initially be hired at the Associate Professor (untenured level) and will be expected to proceed along a standard tenure clock for Law School faculty.
- Candidates must hold both a JD and an MLIS or equivalent degree. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record for leadership in a law library setting, including skills related to budgeting, introducing technological innovations, collaborating with and supervising colleagues, and strategic planning.
- Candidates must also be able to demonstrate (i) extraordinary scholarly promise, (ii) the ability or potential to be an outstanding teacher who can motivate students while preparing them for the practice of law in the twenty-first century, and (iii) leadership in service toward building an equitable and diverse academic community.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To apply, candidates should submit their CV, cover letter, and a statement explaining their vision for how the Rodino Center can further its mission of providing exceptional, cutting-edge research and technology services for the Seton Hall Law community (maximum two-pages, single spaced).
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Law & Legal Studies Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange
- Library & Information Sciences Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in South Orange