Office Specialist L
Office Specialist L
Department: Alumnae/i Affairs & Development Office
Duration of Position: Full year / Full time
Employee Type: Staff
Posting Date: 11/03/2020
Union Representation: CWA
Posting Number: AS006P
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar is strongly committed to fostering a community that reflects the values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion and respect for difference. Vassar College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Office Specialist provides primary administrative support to the Director of Gift, Trust and Estate Administration, and the Associate Vice President for Advancement Services, and supplemental support for the Office of Gift Planning.
- Proactively support the Director in all aspects of gift
administration, including processing of estate and planned gifts,
maintaining business processes and protocols, proofreading prepared
documents, and preparing draft correspondence.
- Assist the Director with maintaining compliance of charitable
gift annuity regulations and charitable solicitations regulations
in all states and DC, including the preparations and timely
submissions of periodic reporting requirements.
- Extensive data entry and maintenance of planned gift and estate
administration data in thankQ CRM, and TIAA Kaspick database,
including monitoring address changes, and death
- Maintain all electronic and paper filing systems as
- Answer telephone lines for multiple administrators, field
general questions about Gift Planning and Estate Administration,
and resolve requests.
- Coordinate meetings and calendars on behalf of multiple
- Complete office productivity functions, including mail
retrieval, provide office supply oversight and coordinating
third-party services for Advancement Services.
- Assist the AVP for Advancement Services with the annual Time
Out Grant application process.
- Prepare mailings, either individual correspondence or large
- Manage budget, purchase orders and invoice payments for Gift
Planning and Gift, Trust and Estate Administration
- Organize occasional travel arrangements for administrators,
including conference registrations, and provide assistance while
administrators are traveling.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Three to five years or more relevant experience
- The desired candidate should be reliable, highly-organized,
with an attention to detail and have the ability to apply
independent judgment with limited supervision.
- Possess fine interpersonal and writing skills; and, an ethic of
conscientious and careful work.
- Knowledge and understanding of relational databases. High-level
proficiency with Google suite and Microsoft Office Suite, and
willingness to learn new technology and software
- Licensed Notary for the State of New York is preferred. The
College will provide resources for the candidate to secure a Notary
License if needed.
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse community.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1598.