Assistant Professor - Education
UW System Title: Assistant Professor Essential Job Functions
The College of Health, Education, and Social Welfare at the
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay seeks applicants for a
tenure-track position in Teacher Education.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Teach foundations and methods courses in the Program, along with possibly teaching other undergraduate and graduate courses in areas consistent with expertise and program needs.
- Demonstrate effective understanding of, and experience with, teacher preparation processes.
- Advise students.
- Perform scholarly activities consistent with rank.
- Perform institutional service and contribute to the ongoing programmatic development within the Professional Program in Education.
- Establish professional relationships with PK-12 schools and other community organizations.
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to display a demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship and a commitment to undergraduate education. The candidate should also possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with a diverse array of students and colleagues.Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Earned doctorate in Education, or closely related field, from an accredited institution. ABD candidates will be considered; however, an earned doctorate in Education, or closely related field, from an accredited institution is a necessary condition for contract renewal. ABD candidates will be hired into a terminal appointment at the rank of Instructor with a rate determined at the time of hire. Upon degree conferral during the terminal period, the contracted appointment with the rank of Assistant Professor will be reinstated.
- Expertise and/or experience in urban education, bilingual education or culturally relevant pedagogy
- 3 years of experience working in a PK-12 educational setting
- Knowledge of teacher preparation process
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked. Salary Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
Please go to the full job posting at https://www.uwgb.edu/human-resources/employment/career-opportunities/assistant-professor-education/ and select the applicable application link.
Select the job title for which you are applying. Click the "Apply for Job" button. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password” and select "Sign In." If you have not yet registered, click on "Register Now" to begin the registration process.
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
specifically addressing qualifications for the essential job
Names and contact
information for three references
transcripts of all graduate work.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2137
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Monday, December 14, 2020.
Note: The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis.Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
For more information regarding the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the surrounding area, see our Campus and Community section. For Campus Safety information see our University Police website and our Annual Security Report (for a paper copy please contact the Office of Human Resources at (920) 465-2390). This report includes statistics about reported crimes, as well as information about crime prevention and campus security policies and procedures.