Research Coordinator II
The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking a Research Coordinator II that will be conducting research work of a complex nature including Clinical trials and lab based research in a busy translational research unit. This will require establishing research methods and procedures, planning, completing and occasionally supervising research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
He/she will function as a study coordinator in this 'Mild cognitive impairment' study protocol under the PI's supervision for this randomized clinical trial involving 60 participants. The coordinator will be responsible for:
Research Activity – 50%
- Assisting in subject recruitment and retention.
- Arrange the detail visitation schedules – this involves 7 visits spread over 6 months, and requires coordination with the participant, Baylor’s Clinical Research Center (CRC), pharmacy, Clinical Pathology Labs (CPL)
- Arrange blood draws at CPL labs
- Maintain research relevant information and files for all participants
- Place telephone calls to ensure compliance, and be available for any questions or concerns
- Provide weekly updates to the PI Dr. Sekhar on all study related matters
- Arrange for providing participant stipends on a timely basis, by working with the section administrative staff
- Maintain study participant folders containing consent forms and all relevant study information
- Maintain participant study folders in a securely locked location
- Prepare information for each DSMC meet every 6 months
- Assist the PI with annual IRB renewals of the protocols
- Assist the PI with filing any protocol deviations or adverse reports to the IRB
- Assist the PI with timely provision of annual reports to the NIH
- Implement the protocol in association with research nursing staff at the CRC
- Perform calorimetry and endopat tests
Clinical Administration – 30%
- Receive training and perform cognitive assessments as required by the protocol
- Administer multiple study questionnaires as required by the protocol
- Provide study supplements to the study participants
- Order multiple supplements required for the study and deliver to the pharmacy
- Communicate and coordinate with the dispensing pharmacist for supplement preparation, collection and distribution
- Help in collating data for the statistical analyses (excel, redcap etc)
- Do pill counting of any unconsumed supplements every 4-weeks for every participant
Additional responsibilities – 20%
- Transport blood back to the PI’s lab for immediate processing
- Help in processing of samples in the lab
- Help in analyzing kits and assay measurements in the labHe/she will function as a study coordinator in this ‘Mild cognitive impairment’ study protocol under the PI’s supervision for this randomized clinical trial involving 60 participants.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.