Nurse Care Manager
The Baylor Teen Health Clinic currently provides pregnancy testing, family planning, sexually transmitted diseases (STD) and HIV/AIDS education and screening, primary healthcare, and case management services to teens, their partners, and adolescents in Harris County. The clinics provide services to teens from the age of 13-24.
Services We Provide:
- Comprehensive Exams (Male & Female)
- Gynecological services
- Birth control and family planning
- Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
- Primary healthcare
- HIV/AIDS education and screening
The Clinical Nurse Care Manager is responsible and accountable for coordinating the care of a specified group of patients. Assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates options to facilitate the continuum of care. Educates staff regarding effective allocation of resources while encouraging provision of high quality patient care.
- Manage relationships with vaccine vendors and sponsors.
- Will work with each of our 9 clinics to maintain appropriate vaccination inventories, processes and storage.
- Will assist in managing and tracking the various licenses and certifications the clinic is required to maintain on itself and its employees.
- Works with the Senior Manager, Nursing to develop and assist with the implementation of policies and procedures for the quality to assure improved compliance with accrediting agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Assists in educating staff on regulation changes, and conducts orientation and regular training sessions for clinical and support staff on changes to practices and procedures.
- Ensures staff adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
- Plans and implements (through multi-disciplinary meetings, messaging and conversations with the care team, and with patient or family) strategies to reduce resource consumption, and achieve high quality positive patient outcomes. Evaluate and measure outcomes in order to continuously improve practice and to enhance outcomes.
- Serve as a patient advocate.
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state, and the college regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
- Ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
- Act as a consultant to the Senior Manager, Nursing, Medical Directors and Administrator to develop and implement cost saving, efficiency enhancing and patient centered ideas and improvements.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Experience Required: Four years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current license
as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Preferred: Eligibility or Certification in Case Management by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
- Experience administering immunization programs.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.