Research Coordinator II
The Department of Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas is seeking a Research Coordinator II for Covid study that will be conducting research work of a complex nature including Clinical trials and lab based research in a busy translational research unit. This will require establishing research methods and procedures, planning, completing and occasionally supervising research projects in accordance with general plans approved by the supervisor.
NIH funded Randomized Clinical Trial in COVID-19 of which the focused responsibilities of the Research Coordinator II will be as follows:
He/she will function as the protocols study coordinator in this ongoing clinical trial, under the PI’s supervision. The candidate will supervise clinical staff at the Clinical Research Center for the continuation and completion of this protocol. This is a busy clinical trial with 60 participants, and the candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
Clinical Administration – 35%
- Arrange the detail visitation to undergo studies at baseline, 7-days, 14-days, 42-days and 70-days
- Communicate and coordinate with the home health agency and collect blood from participants at home visitations
- Administer multiple study questionnaires
- Access and obtain medically relevant information from the electronic medical records for all participants
- Order multiple supplements required for the study and deliver to the pharmacy
- Communicate and coordinate with the dispensing pharmacist for supplement preparation, collection and distribution
- Provide the hospital pharmacy with study supplements to be given to the subject daily
- Collect the supplements from the dispensing pharmacist and deliver it to the hospital pharmacy (if still admitted) or to the subject (if discharged home)
- Do pill counting of any unconsumed supplements at the end of the study for every subject;
Research Administration – 50%
- Assisting in subject recruitment and retention.
- Arrange blood draws.
- Place telephone calls to ensure compliance, and be available for any questions or concerns
- Provide weekly updates to the PI Dr. Sekhar on all study related matters
- Arrange for providing stipends on a timely basis
- Maintain research relevant information and files for all participants
- Collect and manage study folders containing consent forms, and all relevant lab tests
- Ensure safety of collected information in folders in secure locked location
- Prepare information for meetings of the Data Safety Monitoring Committee (DSMC)
- Help in collating data for the statistical analyses (excel, redcap etc)
- Assist the PI with annual IRB renewals of the protocols
- Assist the PI with filing any protocol deviations or adverse reports to the IRB
- Assist the PI with timely provision of annual reports to the NIH
Research Technician – 15%
- Help in processing of samples in the lab
- Transport blood back to the lab.
- Help in analyzing kits and assays in the lab
- Collect samples for analyses
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: One year of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.