Senior Manager, Nursing
Provide professional nursing care to patients by ensuring compliance with regulations and policies, and monitoring safe practices. Partner with leadership to create a patient focused practice environment to drive progress and achieve goals in the areas of patient experience, quality, access, employee engagement, revenue cycle, financial performance, physician satisfaction, care coordination, patient and employee safety, EHR regulatory compliance, e-Health and other initiatives. This role is responsible for managing clinical employees to include Nurses and Medical Assistants.
- Model the Mission, Vision, Values, Code of Ethics and Standards of Excellence of Baylor Medicine.
- Ensure that practice operations and team members are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable regulatory, licensing and accrediting agency standards.
- Ensure the clinic performs based on standard best practice with a patient centric workflow while maintaining high standards of care. Recognize and act on opportunities for growth and improvement. Translate goals into departmental specific objectives and priorities.
- Implement clinic communication strategies and promotes effective communication dialogue with providers and staff through regularly scheduled staff meetings and other means of communication.
- Manage clinical employees, to include defining work responsibilities and prioritization, setting performance development plans and goals, and conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Analyze data with physician co-leader, using data to work collaboratively with providers, other team members, patients and vendors to continually enhance performance and positively effecting clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Actively initiates and monitors plans for ramping up new providers joining designated clinic(s).
- Effectively implement and monitor utilization of EPIC for improved preventive medicine and disease management practices.
- Assume responsibility for the recruitment, onboarding, and orientation of qualified clinic managers and staff.
- Manage a practice by improving utilization of resources and maintain practice efficiency while seeking to minimize operational costs.
- Oversee and evaluate clinical equipment, supply, and pharmaceutical needs and request.
- Oversee the daily operations of the practice with the physician Medical Director to include: clinical work-up, treatment and flow of patients, capture of clinical information in EPIC, and proper coding and charging of services.
- Monitor key performance indicators for trends within the designated area(s) and implement prompt changes in process(s) when required.
- Work in collaboration with providers, and designated team members in practice setting and corporate support areas in preparation of internal and external reporting, budgeting, forecasting, capital budgeting, and financial modeling.
- Primarily responsible for delivering an outstanding patient experience for every patient every time. Ensure clinic maintains minimum overall Press Ganey mean score rank standard as set by The College.
- Work with physician leadership and business development to evaluate and develop strategies for growth and outreach. Attend Baylor Medicine department meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Five years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN). Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification through the American Heart Association.
Master's degree in Nursing.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.