Childcare Program Manager
The Childcare Program Manager serves in a coordinating role across the institution and within the community to advance our programs and services regarding child care. The program manager develops a broad understanding of childcare issues in our communities, the needs of Virginia Tech’s employees and students, issues related to affordability, accessibility, quality, and flexibility. Additionally, the program manager cultivates relationships with our centers for which partnerships exist and assist with advancing future partnerships. The program manager leads workforce development efforts for childcare roles, enhancing pipelines in the area in conjunction with other local agencies. The program manager networks to establish professional relationships with center directors of childcare centers who serve our community, and with those who may become part of the network. The program manager also collaborates with individuals or entities planning and opening new centers.
The program manager develops collaborative working relationships with university programs that provide on-site child care programs (CDCLR, Little Hokies Hangout), as well as units who serve as a resource to the university community (Women’s Center, Hokie Wellness, Graduate School). The program manager leads and maintains several programs such as the Early Childhood Education Symposium (co-lead with the Child Development Center for Learning and Research), Educator of the Year Program, and networks with entities engaged in early childhood education issues.
The position will be located in Organizational Excellence, the incubator for university initiatives, and will work closely with the Division of Human Resources and the Office of the Provost.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, education, or field related to child care with demonstrated experience in early childhood education. Or Master’s degree in related field.
- Previous experience in designing successful new program initiatives for child care or demonstrated experience coordinating and managing a child care program or placement service. Knowledge of health and safety concerns as well as local, state, federal child care regulations.
- Experience developing program budgets and fee scales. Strong collaborative interpersonal skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with a diverse community. Knowledge of current needs and issues relating to parents who have child care needs.
- Excellent computer and presentation skills.
- Experience as a child care program director.
- Experience with childcare subsidies and financial assistance programs.
- Experience working with parents and community resources.
- Master's degree in related field.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: November 10, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Human Development & Family Sciences Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg