Early Childhood Learning Center Classroom Teacher Aide
Careers At Sidwell Friends School
Welcome to the Human Resources Department at Sidwell Friends School. Sidwell Friends prides itself in offering a high quality educational experience to those who will lead the next generation. To that end, we are seeking qualified individuals with the knowledge, skills and abilities to enhance the student experience at Sidwell Friends. We encourage you to review the job postings below and to contact us for additional information.
Early Childhood Learning Center Classroom Teacher Aide Department: Auxiliary Programs Location: Bethesda, MD
Position Start Date: November/December 2020
Sidwell Friends, a coeducational Quaker day school, seeks part-time Aides or Assistant Teachers for the Infant/Toddler, Twos, and 3/4 Classroom in the Early Childhood Education Center (ECLC), located on its Bethesda, MD campus. The ECLC is a small facility serving the Sidwell Friends faculty and staff. The Center currently has an infant (up to 6 infants) and toddler (up to 9 toddlers) classroom and a 3/4 room (up to 5 students).
Applicants must meet all State of Maryland requirements for an Aide (High school diploma or GED required, and at least 1 year experience preferred) . In addition the ideal candidate will:
- Create a warm, loving and safe environment for mobile infants
- Create an engaging atmosphere and develop meaningful activities and experiences for toddlers and twos
- Collaborate as a team to further develop our center
- Be able to interact and play with the children at their physical level
- Design activities that are child initiated, and cover physical, social/emotional, linguistic, and cognitive development
- Communicate with families
- Adhere to CDC/OCC current Covid guidelines
- Contribute to monthly lesson plans that are focused on the students interests
The Center is open 7:15 am 4:45 pm. This position is a part time, non-benefit eligible and hours are likely Monday Friday 7:30-11:30am or 12noon-4:45 pm.
To apply, please submit the Maryland Individual Personnel Information Form along with a resume and proof of meeting the State of Maryland qualifications via our on-line application.