Contract Coordinator (9947)
Reporting to the Director of Contracts Administration, the Contract Administration Coordinator is primarily responsible for the day-to-day budget management, administrative coordination, trouble-shooting and problem solving, and reporting for various grants and contract programs as assigned by the CAS Director of Contracts Administration and Associate Dean of Research. This position oversees the day-to-day financial activity of assigned externally funded projects providing financial management and oversight.
- Budget Administration: Under the direction of the Director of Contracts and Administration, oversee the administration of various externally funded grants. Provides advice to faculty and staff concerning proposals and awards. Manages funds and fund allocation across multiple projects and ledgers ensuring accuracy and compliance with University and funder regulations. Reviews, monitors, and analyzes budgetary requests and make recommendations to internal stakeholders ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, project and resource efficiency and program effectiveness.
- Compliance, Oversight and Internal Coordination: Works with department administrators and PIs to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) and the Controller’s Office. Advise supervisor of necessary amendments to assigned grants, and work with OSP and Controller’s Office to ensure proper changes are made. Working with the Director of Contracts Administration, interpret policies, procedures, and contractive instruments and advise principle investigators on rules, regulations, and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations. Work with the OSP, Contracts Accounting, Principal Investigators, and departments regarding report deadlines and compliance. Ensure the projects’ cost share requirements are met by the College and the University.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Associate Dean.
- Data Analysis Conduct financial data analysis and performance reports for assigned grants for the Director of Contract Administration.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
- Coordinator/Analyst A
Position’s Required Presence (subject to change due to the University’s operating status)
- Allow for full telework
Required Education and Experience
- Associate's Degree or equivalent education, training and experience
- 2-4 Years relevant experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
- 2-4 Years contract experience in an academic setting in financial administration area preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Position requires knowledge of personnel, payroll, accounting, contracts, and relatable legal ramifications of contract administration. Required
- Good computer skills and advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite required Required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills Required
- Must maintain familiarity with rules, regulations, and policies of external funding agencies, such as NIH, NSF, DOE, and others. Required
- Microsoft Excel Advanced skills: the user has mastered advanced functionality including Data Validation, Pivot Tables and Charts; use formulas such as INDEX and VLOOKUP, and can create logic statements such as IF, AND, OR.
- Written Communication skills: Expressing oneself clearly and concisely, using language with precision; constructing logical arguments; accurate note taking, editing and summarizing; and writing reports or correspondence free of spelling and grammatical errors.
- Hiring offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.