Coordinator Alternative Formats ACCESS (Grant-funded)
Coordinator Alternative Formats ACCESS (Grant-funded)
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedCoordinator Alternative Formats ACCESS (Grant-funded).
Coordinate and execute providing alternative text materials for students with disabilities while maintaining accurate, timely, and organized correspondence with students, vendors, staff, and faculty.
**This position is 100% grant-funded and temporary through August 31, 2021. Therefore, continuation of the position will be contingent upon continued external funding.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary contact for all alternative format material requested by students using Accommodations at Collin College for Equal Support Services (ACCESS) .
- Prepare alternative formatted materials for students and keeps timely records of requests to vendors, response with students, and interacts with staff and faculty when needed.
- Stay current on accessibility standards for software and equipment needed to provide alternative formatted materials.
- Maintain current on new technology, best practices, and changes to related accessibility laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Promote awareness of assistive technology resources and services through educational events to improve understanding of accessibility and the use and application of assistive technology in various academic environments.
- Collaborate with college disability services (ACCESS) offices, Information Technology (IT), and other stakeholders/constituents in the purchase of appropriate assistive technology, equipment, and materials.
- Create and maintain a list of approved third-party applications, websites, and vendors for use by students, staff, faculty, and the bookstore.
- Coordinate with ACCESS advisors, ACCESS staff, and students as needed.
- Build and maintain working relationships with diverse, multi-cultural constituents and stakeholders, within the disability community to ensure consistency in the application of assistive technology.
- Work with vendors and IT support personnel to manage registration and warranty information on all assistive technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of related work experience required. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of college policies, practices, and procedures
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) regulations and best practices
- Knowledge of Section 504 federal laws
- Knowledge of TSI requirements and accommodations
- Knowledge of Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) and Sign Language Interpreting practices
- Knowledge of adaptive technology
- Knowledge of reasonable student accommodations/ADA and 504 regulations
- Knowledge of department technology, including various systems and software to research, compile, extract, and synthesize data as needed
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage schedules and calendars
- Ability to manage confidential information and processes
- Ability to supervise others in carrying out a few duties when needed
- Ability to operate office equipment and the use of departmental software, Accessibility Information Management (AIM), MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Banner, and Visio
- Ability to interpret and ensure compliance of ADA and Section 504 federal laws
- Ability to work with faculty and parents to formulate academic solutions to diverse student situations
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,315.00 - 49,812.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney