Adjunct Faculty, College of Education, Teacher Preparation Academy (TPA Affiliates Only)
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 10, 2020
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Special Education, Teacher Education
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Rowan University is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University (Moderate Research Activity) with approximately 19,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven academic colleges and five schools—the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment—with an Honors College that spans across disciplines. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 90 public research universities and the 7th fastest growing research institution in the nation.
The College of Education, as the oldest college at Rowan University, has a long-held commitment to excellence in teaching, community engagement, and innovation in scholarship. The College of Education is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
**Important** This position is for an adjunct instructor who teaches or is affiliated with the College of Education’s Teacher Preparation Academy . Affiliation with the Teacher Preparation Academy is REQUIRED to apply for this position. This is a part-time, adjunct position with the possibility of renewal on a term-by-term basis. We are particularly interested in candidates who can teach the courses:
FNDS21.150: History of American Education: American education from 1600 to the present, covering preschool through post-secondary education, highlighting the ways in which diversity has been accommodated, marginalized, or rejected in American education.
FNDS21.230: Characteristic Knowledge Acquisition: This course will focus on how human beings think, process information and acquire skills. Discussion of learning philosophies and applications in a variety of settings will be addressed. Methods of inquiry, reflection, motivation, creativity and critical thinking will be explored.
SPED08.130: Human Exceptionalities- This general education course is designed to develop students' awareness and understanding of the nature and needs of individuals with exceptionalities. It provides a lifespan perspective that will assist students in better understanding and, hopefully, accepting and advocating for individuals with disabilities. A field component is required.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a field directly or closely related to courses above.
- Meets state licensure requirements for a P-12 certification area related to area of expertise
- A minimum of 3 years of P-12 teaching
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated commitment to culturally responsive pedagogy and social justice in education
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to collaboration, collegiality, professional development, diversity, scholarly inquiry, student learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
- Familiarity with current teacher accountability requirements, research, and best practices K-12 education
- A teaching/learning philosophy aligned with the mission of the College of Education
Please submit (1) resume/CV; (2) cover letter that identifies the above courses you are qualified to teach and how your teaching philosophy aligns with the mission of the COE; (3) three letters of reference
Contact: Questions regarding this position can be directed to Ms. Nadeen Herring at email@example.com .
Advertised: Nov 13 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert