Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a skilled, self-driven individual to join the University Finance and Budget team as a Financial Analyst. This person will support the team in its daily operation of providing leadership and support to all campuses in the area of planning and allocation of campus resources. The University Finance and Budget Office is committed to providing exceptional service to the campus communities while maintaining sound financial decisions that support the University's strategic priorities.
This person will indirectly support the Executive Director of Finance and Budget, among others, by having an active role in the monthly reporting, analysis, and forecasting for the University.
The Financial Analyst contributes to the completion of broad, complex and highly visible University projects and goals, often representing the University Finance and Budget Office in key areas. The work involves coordination with and interactions with various departments and will include routine handling of sensitive and confidential information.
This person will serve a key role in forecasting and developing the long-range plan. This person will review current business processes and recommend modifications to streamline and increase consistency and accuracy.
The right individual for this role has a passion for excellence, great attention to detail and a proven ability to develop relationships across the University.
Essential Job Functions:
Analysis & Reporting:
- Identifies and improves financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans, forecasts and peer data or other internally prescribed benchmarks.
- Identifies trends in financial performance and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Perform market-specific economic research to identify major industry trends and analyze issues impacting University financial and operational performance.
- Create accurate reports, analyses, financial models and projections to examine key needs, variances and opportunities.
- Summarize findings based on analysis using charts and/or commentary.
- Integral to the development and completion of the forecast and long range plan.
- Analyze and evaluate expected drivers of future performance, as well as known risks and opportunities that may significantly impact future results.
- Summarize and prepare presentation material and supporting information for the Board of Trustees and Senior Leaders of the University
- A successful candidate is able to recognize and adjust to change, create disciplined processes, and act as an independent decision maker who will utilize team collaboration.
- Participate in ad hoc analysis and special projects as necessary.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop plans to impact the speed, accuracy, and efficiency of processes.
- Provide analytical guidance to other colleagues as necessary.
- Support day-to-day departmental goals of the Finance and Budget team.
Minimum Degree : Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA preferred.
Minimum experience : 3-5 years, higher education experience preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge:
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving and organizational skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced proficiency in financial forecasting and modeling
- Strategic thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines
- Ability to present financial data in a meaningful, professional format
- Excellent time management
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Works well with and supports other people in the accomplishment of business goals
- Excellent communication skills
- The financial analyst must conduct him/herself with the highest integrity and in a professional, positive, respectful, service-oriented manner at all times while serving in this position.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach