Student Affairs Program Crd, Campus Activities
Program Coordinator, Student Affairs, Campus Activities
Responsible for advising and supporting student activities board and management of department programming for the student and campus community.
- Responsible for advising department sponsored student activities board which includes programming, fiscal management, contracts, risk management, promotion, program implementation, and training of student membership and volunteers
- Ensure student participation and input in all phases of program development and implementation
- Interpret and ensure compliance with appropriate university policies and guidelines related to general regulations and procedures, students, student organizations, safety, and event management
- Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures, and guidelines for engagement programming and related processes
- Responsible for overseeing and/or coordinating space reservations, securing necessary event supplies and rentals
- Responsible for developing a strategic schedule for events for academic year that aligns with department mission, supports initiatives, and encourages co-sponsorship between organizations
- Coordinate marketing plan for effective area communications and advertising; working with division marketing team to ensure messaging and image are aligned with department’s mission and values for each event
- Manage all aspects of performer contracting process (e.g contract negotiation, preparation, and management)
- Responsible for department programming budget planning, monitoring, and oversight for areas of responsibility (e.g. student activities board)
- Analyze data, and compile reports to support or inform management decisions and unit goals related to programming and student activities board.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative relationships in programming efforts with other UF departments, student organizations, or academic units
Provide comprehensive support services for registered student organizations and student organization advisors.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of the student organization registration process
- Manage the coordination of a comprehensive training program (including workshops, individual consultations, and peer education) for registered student organization officers on topics such as leadership skills, budgeting and financial management, event planning and management, setting goals, liability and risk management, and program evaluation
- Assist with the implementation of student organization and student organization advisor recognition programs
- Assist in the management and continuous improvements of the student organization database (GatorConnect)
- Assist in the management of the performer contracting process for select student organizations and department programs and events
Assist with administrative functions of student activities and involvement
- Serve as primary Student Activities and Involvement point of contact for a designated groups of student organizations, providing support related to registration, programming, event management, and/or operations
- Assist in providing oversight and advisement for major campus-wide events as assigned
- Assist with budget planning and reporting; maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records and ensure proper procedures, controls, and financial guidelines for all areas including organization expenditures
- Assist with the coordination of administrative programs for SAI sponsored student organizations such as catering scholarships, officer eligibility, space allocations, and other administrative programs.
- Coordinate assessments of student organization advisor program that includes but is not limited to benchmarking, advisor orientation and onboarding, recurring training, and regular communication.
- Report appropriate information as required by Clery Act and Title IX.
- Assist with marketing and promotions strategy for educating students and encouraging co-curricular involvement
- Coordinate with other departments across campus as needed, including but not limited to Event Services, University Police Department, Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution and other campus venue managers
Develop reports, handle special projects, and perform other duties (as assigned)
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience
- Knowledge and experience in event planning and implementation as well as experience in advising students at the college or university level
- Knowledge of student development theory, developing learning outcomes, and the experiential learning process
- Experience in advising students at the college or university level
- Proficiency with computers and basic software applications
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and support student events
- Ability to develop and conduct training activities for students
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Criminal background check is required.
Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00PM with the flexibility to adjust schedule, including nights and weekends as required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge