Sr. Administrative Assistant
University Code 19112 University Title Executive Administrative Assistant 2 University Job Family General Administration ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Sr. Administrative Assistant Position Number 591090 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey Cancer Center is seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Administrative Assistant position that will provide high-level administrative support to the Cancer Center Director and other senior staff.
• Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the Cancer Center Director and/or other assigned leadership staff.
• Performs clerical and administrative tasks including drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents for senior staff.
• Follows up with Cancer Center Director on emails and calls that need attention.
• Arranges travel and accommodations for executive leadership.
• Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
• Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
• Responds to specific inquiries on behalf of the Cancer Center Director.
• Performs office tasks including maintaining records, ordering supplies, and performing basic bookkeeping.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by executives.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to prepare briefs
• Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
• Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and under limited supervision
• Ability to handle all aspects of virtual and live meeting logistics
• A strong customer service orientation and the ability to serve as the face of a mission centered office
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
• At least four years of related experience.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information
Only completed online applications will be considered.
This posting may be used to fill other administrative positions. Official job title, work title, and level will be determined based on the need of the position and the qualifications of the candidate.
Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Job Open Date 11/10/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101630 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience in an academic/medical environment as
an administrative assistant or its equivalent?
- * Please describe in detail your experience in executive level
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please define and explain your definition of customer service
and provide an example of how you have employed excellent customer
(Open Ended Question)
- * Explain how you handle a work environment with rapidly
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond