Office Assistant 1 - (STA006362)
Provides clerical office support in the Community Arts Academy and the Moores School of Music. Performs a variety of office duties, which typically include one or more of the following:
- Preparing and processing purchase vouchers, service center requisitions, and purchase requisitions.
- Typing miscellaneous correspondence to staff, faculty, students and external businesses and individuals.
- Answering the telephone and transferring calls to appropriate staff; taking messages.
- Greeting visitors, answering questions, and resolving routine problems; referring visitors to appropriate staff.
- Picking up mail and distributing it to staff; assisting with bulk mailing, compiling mailing lists, and preparing out-going mail for pick-up.
- Assisting in preparing personnel and payroll records and maintaining employee time information.
- Creating, retrieving and filing records electronically.
- Assists in organizing activites of the unit, such as group classes, internship programs, recitals, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Assisting students with registration, maintaining student database, maintaining student files, and other items that pertain to students.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and 6 months experience
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED. Requires a minimum of six (6) months of directly job-related experience.
Additional Posting Information:
1. Assists in organizing activities of the Community Arts Academy and the Moores School of Music.
2. Serves on committees and task forces as a representative of the unit.
3. May collect information, write, and edit newsletter or news bulletins for the Community Arts Academy.
4.Participates in special projects of the Community Arts Academy and the Moores School of Music, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and 1 year of experience
Experience will be considered in lieu of education.