Director, Partnership Success
Director, Partnership Success
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers
About the Opportunity:
At the core of the Roux Institute strategy is building a learning and research program hand in hand with industry. As a result, The Roux Institute is hiring a Director of Partnership Success, to build and optimize corporate relationships and increase and maintain the value of our partnerships. This Director will be able to engage in the complex challenge of talent development and acquisition and sponsored research for high-growth companies and be seen by their counterparts as providing solutions to their business's most nagging needs: talent and innovation for a 21st century economy. The right fit for this position will be comfortable building relationships with C-Suite counterparts and negotiating agreements with complex, sophisticated businesses.
The position of the Director of Partner Success is highly customer focused and is key to building and maintaining significant corporate partnerships. The focus of the position is to ensure positive partner experiences and to optimize the strategic value of each relationship for all parties. The role requires strong institutional awareness and excellent communication both externally and cross-functionally within the organization. The role of the Director of Partnership Success is to leverage the University network to exceed all expectations.
The successful candidate will be passionate about engaging current and future partners in corporate learning, talent acquisition and collaborative research projects and able to accurately convey the core mission and values of The Roux Institute. They will possess strong customer management and consultancy skills, have impeccable relational skills and exceptional project management leadership.
- Play an integral role in shaping the strategic vision of The
Roux Institute as it pertains to partnerships in corporate
learning, talent acquisition and collaborative research
- Identify, build, and maintain corporate partnerships that will
support the strategic vision and growth of The Roux Institute
- Negotiate MOUs and move those MOUs to formal partnership
- Own overall relationship strategy with partners to ensure their
needs are being met and are aligned with their MOU and subsequent
- Steward all partnerships through execution; ensure client
retention and high satisfaction through relationship
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each
partner and drive continued value of our products prioritizing
strategically important partners
- Work with partners to establish critical programmatic goals
utilizing key performance indicators
- Provide benchmarking data and reports to aid partners in
achieving their goals in line with The Roux Institute
- Continuously work to identify new academic - bother learning
and research - opportunities for corporate partnerships
- Act as a liaison between The Roux Institute and the other
Northeastern University campuses
- Build strategic relationships with cross-functional teams
throughout the Northeastern network
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally and support
internal operational teams in ensuring the smooth delivery of
services to the partners
Essential Experience & Education:
- 10+ years' experience in business development, relationship
management, corporate strategic planning or related field
- Familiarity working with executives within varying sizes of
- Experience and comfort working in a matrixed organization and
with people across reporting structures
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of product(s)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to work
independently and make decisions in a timely manner based on
thoughtful analysis and critical judgment.
- Organizational tact and diplomacy; possesses superb
interpersonal skills required to develop close relationships with
external partners and key collaborators across the University
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust
- Self-motivated, self-managed proactive, risk taking, and a very
high drive to succeed
- Strong at developing deep personal relationships to key
contacts in customer organizations
- Ability to serve as an ambassador for the University
- Master's degree in education, business, technology, or
Preferred Skills, Experience
- Higher Education
- Project Management
- You will be required to travel, mostly regionally, to meet
strategically important partners
- You will be required to travel to Boston a few days a month for
meetings at Northeastern's Boston and Burlington campuses
- There is limited travel further afield to meet companies who
wish to move offices to Maine or to visit Northeastern regional
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504179