RESEARCH SERVICES COORDINATOR
RESEARCH SERVICES COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV4743
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Pediatrics
Scope of Job:
Plans, coordinates and processes grant applications from conceptual to submission stage while working with faculty and staff throughout all phases based on standards set in place by the division of Research, Innovation and Economic Development. Supports faculty, staff, and administration in developing proposals, post awards identifying potential funding opportunities and ensuring compliance with federal, state, and university regulations.
Description of Duties:
• Responsible for the administrative aspect of the research process within the assigned projects, including pre and post award activities and regular communications with faculty and staff.
• Assists principal investigators, faculty and staff with grant application, budget development, submission and monitoring of grant proposals and awards.
• Assists faculty and staff in the grant acquisition and administration process, including developing grant proposals, budget preparation, audit activities and periodic reports.
• Researches and identifies research funding opportunities and matches to appropriate faculty.
• Collaborates with different entities to monitor research proposal opportunities and processes; ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Reviews and edits draft proposals by faculty and staff for institutional and funding agency compliance, as well as for accuracy, completeness, clarity and responsiveness in accordance with grant application guidelines and requirements.
• Acts as liaison with other university offices or external offices in regards to procedural and financial aspects of the assigned research projects/grant activities.
• Coordinates meetings with faculty, staff, and students regarding research and innovative education opportunities including, but not limited to symposia, conferences, and travel.
• Monitors and maintains timely and accurate budget information for reports, as required.
• Coordinates committee meetings and serves as committee member, as needed.
• Advises administrators, faculty, and staff on UTRGV policies and procedures with regard to grant activities with the research enterprise.
• Supervises assigned support staff and temporary employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
• Three (3) years of relevant experience, such as processing contracts and agreements, budgets and financial analysis, writing or editing documents; or government, non-profit and/or academic administration experience or
• Two (2) years of specific experience in the preparation and processing of research grant proposals and/or awards and in their administration.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Working knowledge of university administration policies, practices and procedures for the research enterprise. Ability to manage time sensitive deadlines; manage multiple priorities and be attentive to detail; and protect the integrity and confidentially of research data. Ability to establish and maintain relationships with government agencies, corporations, foundations, faculty, administrators and staff.
Physical Capabilities: NA
Employment Category: Full-Time
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 11/09/2020
Grant Funded Position: Yes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date: 12/21/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26437