University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $19.57 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Serves as a point-of-contact for College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Principle Investigators (PI) seeking external grant support and provides Pre- and Post-Award functions.
- Three years’ experience in grant management with ability to obtain Departmental Grant Administrator (DGA) certification within six months of employment.
- Experience in research administration, administration of sponsored projects and/or writing grant proposals.
- Experience with accounting theory, principles, and practices; computerized accounting systems, governmental accounting, and analyzing program activities.
- Experience coordinating programs, analyzing fiscal and budgetary information, maintaining accounting systems, developing and monitoring budgets including allocating expenditures and reconciling accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years experience and willingness to obtain DGA certification within the first month of employment.
- Experience working with minimal supervision, ability to communicate effectively with others, use problem solving skills, prioritize work load.
- Good knowledge of grant and contract administration; Federal and University regulations regarding grants; University research policies.
- Experience using Banner, specifically the finance and human resource modules; making projections and recommendations, taking corrective actions.
- Experience assisting internal customers in the understanding of sponsored program requirements; working with grants/contracts at the University of Idaho.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002635P
Posting Date: 11/09/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to applications received by December 6, 2020.
In addition to the online application and resume, individuals should submit a letter of qualification.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.