Type of Position
Term of Contract
Commensurate with experience
College of Education
General Description of Position
The College of Education (COE) at the University of Mary Washington invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor with a specialization in science education and technology starting August 16, 2021. This is a nine-month position requiring the successful candidate to excel in instruction, engage in scholarship, and participate in service.
The candidate will be expected to (a) teach undergraduate and graduate courses in science and technology education for both elementary and secondary teacher candidates, (b) teach other courses as assigned, © supervise student interns, and (d) mentor student research projects. Extensive experience with quantitative research methods is preferred. Additionally the candidate will be expected to advise students, engage in scholarly activity and provide service to the college, university, community, and profession.
The successful candidate will contribute to the COE through the following efforts:
• Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and equity in education
through teaching, scholarship, and service.
• Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in both traditional, hybrid, and online formats.
• Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
• Supervise teacher candidates in the field.
• Provide service to the university, community, and broader professional disciplines.
Area of Expertise
• Earned Ph.D. in Education with coursework or concentration in
Science and Technology Education or a related field. Candidates who
are ABD must have their doctoral degrees conferred by
time of hire.
• Minimum of three years’ experience teaching science in grades 6-12 in U.S. schools
• Demonstrated or potential for excellence in college level teaching
• A commitment to culturally relevant pedagogy and social justice
• Ability to teach general teacher education courses as assigned
• A defined or emerging research agenda
• A willingness to collaborate within the COE, across the university, and with outside organizations to ensure a successful experience for students
• Demonstrated commitment to school partnerships and community
• Experience working with pre-service or in-service science teachers
• Expertise in assessment and/or research methodology
• Experience and knowledge of general instructional methods for PK-12 students
• Additional experience and knowledge in any or all of the following areas:
o Secondary math and/or computer science instruction
o Teaching culturally and linguistically diverse students
o Classroom management
o Educational leadership
Proposed Starting Date
Special Instructions for Applicant
Please upload a sample Course Syllabus as an Optional Document in the Applicant Document section.
Date of first review of applications: November 18, 2020
Additional Applicant Instructions
The University of Mary Washington accepts only completed online application and related materials. Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications or documentation will not be considered. Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal background checks. If accommodations are requested either before or at the time of the interview, please contact the Recruitment Office at 540-654-1357.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg
- Instructional Technology & Design Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg