Executive Director of Facilities Services
Wichita State University
Executive Director of Facilities Services
Executive Director of Facilities Services Sought for Expanding Urban Research University
Wichita State University (WSU) in Wichita, Kansas, is seeking applications for an experienced Executive Director of Facilities Services to lead a workforce of approximately 190 full-time employees in support of 3.2 million gross square feet of building space, 360 acres of improved landscaping, building and utility system operations, and facility environmental health and safety.
The Executive Director works closely and collaboratively with the campus community and is responsive to the facilities services needs of students, faculty, and staff. The Executive Director is responsible for building and developing a team that consistently provides a high level of facilities stewardship, customer service, and communications, working with a diverse community to meet academic, programmatic, and residential needs and priorities. This position advises on policies and procedures related to the management of campus physical resources and partners with Facilities Planning in the planning and management of capital renewal and replacement for facility maintenance and improvements.
Essential Functions/Duties include:
- Responsible for directing and executing the mission of Facilities Services to provide the appropriate environment (through building and utility operations, maintenance, landscaping, and custodial services) for the University's mission of teaching, research and service. Primarily responsible for policy development, budget planning, staff management, and communications.
- Executes the day-to-day responsibilities of managing Facilities Services staff.
- Works directly with Facilities Planning in the long-range and short-range planning and development of the University campus. Provides input to design consultants during the design of construction projects to ensure conformity to existing building systems and coordination with existing utilities and infrastructure.
- Directly accountable for all Facilities Services’ financial and material resources, which involves justification of need, requirements, prioritization, and administration.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Facilities Management, Business or related field. Ten (10) years of experience in construction, maintenance, or facilities with three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role.
Additional qualifications include knowledge of best practices in facility operations and custodial management, engineering and technical knowledge of building and campus infrastructure systems, the ability to develop and foster a cooperative work environment, the ability to communicate and interact effectively within a diverse community. A commitment to sustainability is expected.
Wichita State University is classified as a "higher research" university, and it is one of three research universities in the Kansas system. Current enrollment is approximately 15,000 students, and an annual budget from all sources is in excess of $417 million. Wichita is a highly livable metropolitan area in south-central Kansas, known for affordable housing, short commute times, and a wonderfully diverse population. WSU plays an increasingly important role in the region as a hub for education as well as economic and community development and prides itself on its commitment to serving as an active partner with the people of the region as they work to improve their communities and opportunities for the future.
Please go to http://wichita.edu/wsujobs for more details about the requirements for this position and the application process. Please address inquiries regarding the position to David Miller, University Budget Director, Chair of the Search Committee, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0038, 316-978-5821, David.Miller@Wichita.edu.
For full consideration, applicants must submit 1) a letter of application describing abilities to meet required and preferred qualifications, and 2) resume.
This position will remain open until filled. However, priority consideration will be given to those who complete the application process by December 8, 2020.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs, or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wichita
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wichita
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wichita
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wichita