Director, Business Operations
Baylor College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, is seeking a Finance Director who plans, organizes and manages all aspects of financial and budgetary duties for the Department of Medicine. This individual will participate in strategic planning related to budget development, financial forecasting, financial reporting, and oversight of accounting and auditing. Responsible for sophisticated financial analyses related to potential managed care and capitated risk agreements, sponsored accounts including federal, state and private grant accounts, philanthropic funds, recruitment of additional faculty, and development of new programs, purchase of equipment or software.
- Develops strategies, and when appropriate, designs implementation plans for reducing Department expense, increasing operational efficiency, integrating new technologies, and improving staff and faculty productivity.
- Mentors and trains faculty and staff on fiscal policy and procedures.
- Designs models to test and analyze alternative hypotheses and conditions related to these strategies.
- Selects and uses most appropriate statistical analyses to establish reliability of data and to support findings and recommendations.
- Projects may include, but are not limited to, the following target areas: organizational design, structure and organization of ambulatory practices, new application of technology to patient practices, billing patterns, the development of comprehensive fiscal orientation and training modules.
- Integrates IS reporting into implementation strategies when appropriate.
- Monitors, provides preliminary approval, and ensures compliance with budget of all submitted expenses.
- Supervises Accounts Analyst/financial administrators in preparation of these expenditures to include purchase requisitions, expense authorizations, travel expenses, and payroll transactions.
- Recommends Department approval of purchase of major equipment by analyzing the appropriateness of ownership vs. Leasing and performing comparability analyses of alternate vendors.
- Assists and advice the Chair and section administrators with procurement.
- Designs, develops and prepares a variety of financial reports for the Chair and GPG Executive Director.
- Provides flexible reports to include revenue and expense analyses of practice, research, institutional and discretionary funds presented by account type, division, program, and in consolidated form for the Department.
- Education Required: Master's degree in a related field.
- Experience Required: Seven years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.