Research Coordinator III
Seeking a qualified Research Coordinator III to join the Parkinson's and Movement Disorder research team. Will participate in a number of interesting Parkinson's and Movement Disorder studies. The Research Coordinator III will be responsible for the coordination of daily activities on research studies which will include the scheduling, screening, enrollment, randomizing and monitoring of research patients. The Research Coordinator will work closely with the PIs, regulatory staff, investigational pharmacies and the sponsors to ensure the research studies are performed in accordance with federal regulations, sponsors' guidelines and departmental policies.
- Serves as the primary study coordinator for assigned sponsored and/or investigator-initiated protocols.
- Interviews, screens and recruits patients for research studies.
- Educates patients and the clinical staff on research studies and procedures.
- Develops research folders for assigned protocols to outline guidelines for protocol compliance and to assure complete source documentation.
- Collects, processes, ships, and maintains paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures in the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to the appropriate party.
- Corresponds with research patients throughout study.
- Responsible for quality assurance audits and monitor visits.
- Orders research supplies and equipment.
- Maintains investigational drug dispensing accountability and shipping logs according to protocol guidelines.
- Coordinates the conduct of multiple clinical trials, under the supervision of PI and senior research staff/manager.
- Screens and recruits patients for participation in clinical trials. Discusses trials with patients, obtains informed consent, and enrolls patients.
- Schedules all patient study related appointments, tests, and procedures according to protocol requirements.
- Works with study monitors to ensure conduct of trial within GCP standards.
- Collects, reviews, and submits research data to study sponsors, either via paper and/or electronic CRFs.
- Ensures accurate study records, and maintain proper study documentation.
- Documents study visits in EPIC system/EMR system as necessary.
- Ensures that all study activities are in compliance with federal and institutional regulations.
- Works with research assistant for venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECGs, and obtain vital signs for study participants.
- Works with Research assistant to collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Clinical research experience
- Knowledge of Clinical Research processes a must
- Study management including IRB and regulatory process
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand and implement patient studies and protocols
- Interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate research studies
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.