Adjunct Instructor - Patient Care Technician (PCT)
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (PCT)
MALCOLM X COLLEGE
Malcolm X College is currently seeking a part-time Faculty to teach in their HEAPRO101 Patient Care Tech (PCT) Program. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Associate’s degree or higher in a health sciences related field
- Current Illinois or professional credential to either teach Patient Care Technician or EKG and/or Phlebotomy certification
- 2 years or more of equivalent full-time work or teaching experience
- Knowledge of Brightspace Learning Management System or similar Learning Management System, preferred
- Prior experience with online teaching (via Zoom) and/or online teaching certification is strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with diverse group of staff and students, required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the community college
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!