Faculty Coordinator (9209)
The Faculty Coordinator serves as a point of contact for faculty employees regarding benefit and pay related issues. The incumbent is responsible for processing a wide range of administrative and human resources processes for faculty. The position is responsible for maintaining the main human resource database (Colleague) and other HR databases to ensure personal, benefit, payroll and leave related information are updated in an accurate and timely fashion. The faculty coordinator provides high quality customer service to faculty members and counsels them on the university offered benefits.
1. (40% of Time) Review and process benefit enrollment and other personnel related actions in an accurate and timely fashion. Write and produce accurate appointment and merit related correspondence for Dean of Academic Affairs according to the faculty manual and academic policies. Serve as a secondary resource to many different offices and areas of the university on
faculty related issues. Areas include Provost & Academic Affairs; academic departments; Institutional Research, HR, and Payroll.
2. (25% of Time) Serve as point of contact for department and faculty members with general human resources, employment policies and payroll related questions. Orient and counsel faculty members on the employee benefit programs of the university. Conduct individual orientation sessions with new off cycle faculty members on an as needed basis.
3. (15 % of Time) Ensure the maintenance of an accurate and complete database of personnel information for all full and part-time faculty, including appointment rank, tenure status, sabbatical eligibility, leaves taken, etc. Must be able to calculate and determine the appropriate information to be entered into the database. Produce annual spreadsheets for DAA to be used in the faculty merit process. Ensure that accurate faculty personnel files are retained in Human Resources.
4. (10% of Time) Post positions and ads that have been reviewed and approved by the Dean of Academic Affairs.
5. (5 % of Time) Consult with other units of the university, such as enterprise systems, technology operations, registrar, and institutional research on the production of faculty reports. Develop and produce management reports relating to faculty as requested by Provost, Dean of Academic Affairs, and other offices.
6. (5% of Time) Perform other duties as assigned. May serve as coordinator for a particular project on behalf of the Service Delivery Team.
- This position reports to the Director of HR Service Delivery to ensure all faculty actions comply with university regulations and that an accurate record of all transactions are maintained both electronically and physically
- This position advises faculty on their benefits and compensation
- There are approximately 600 full-time faculty. Approximately 75% are tenured or tenure track. There are approximately 1,500 adjuncts with active appointments. Approximately 550 adjuncts teach each semester
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Coordinator/Analyst A
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Three (3) years of relevant experience working in a university or similar environment
- Experience and/or familiarity with the faculty appointment process is highly desirable
- Customer focus, high attention to detail; proficient knowledge of Word and Excel; demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization; ability to work in a team environment and collaborative work style are essential competencies
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.