Technology Specialist (Part-time)
Technology Specialist (Part-time)
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experienced Technology Specialist (Part-time) .
Provide technical support, services and training to faculty, staff, students and outside organizations for software, hardware, peripherals and audio visual equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and services to the college community ensuring all classes, equipment and community events (both on and off Collin College campuses) run efficiently.
- Assist students, faculty, staff and vendors with all computer, Internet, wireless access, printing and media issues. Troubleshoot hardware, software and audio visual problems.
- Setup, install, image and maintain all associated equipment in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Monitor emerging technologies, develop specifications and make recommendations for necessary acquisitions of new equipment.
- Integrate new technologies into existing structure of classrooms, offices and conference centers.
- Maintain accurate records on software, hardware, equipment utilization and problems.
- Maintain familiarity with and ensure compliance with district policies and procedures to ensure copyright laws are not violated.
- Follow standards, rules, regulations and orders for electrical and mechanical equipment at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related work experience required
Five (5) years of directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of multiple types of audio visual equipment to include: control systems, audio systems, audio/video conferencing, video streaming and recording, distance learning systems, projectors, media formats, etc.
- Knowledge of institutional standard computer software and hardware
- Knowledge of large event multimedia support
- Knowledge of department and college policies and procedures
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audiovisual skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Documentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer Service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain professional manner when interacting with faculty, students, staff and outside organizations.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner
- Ability to repair and maintain computers, media equipment, and associated management control software
- Ability to write and utilize technical literature
- Ability to travel to and between campuses throughout the district to provide technical support and attend meetings
- Ability to adhere to and enforce the policies, protocols and guidelines set by the department
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $20.82 - 20.82
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.