Coordinator Underserved Populations Workforce
Coordinator Underserved Populations Workforce
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experiencedCoordinator Underserved Populations Workforce.
Coordinate and manage student support initiatives, conduct research, and maintain accurate and organized records for workforce programs and career coaches with emphasis on supporting underserved student populations. Provide advanced administrative support as needed.
**This is a 100% grant-funded position. Therefore, the continuation of the position is subject to continued external funding.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage data collection systems to track students recruited from special populations into workforce programs.
- Prepare documentation, reports, applications, contracts, financial records and forms. Formulate state and county documents and reports.
- Participate in the development and marketing of workforce programs to special populations and traditional students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program recruitment management strategies including the production of up-to-date marketing materials, web site and social media, and recruitment activities.
- Provide updates to career coaches, associate deans, and deans on activities, initiatives and issues.
- Coordinate with career coaches on events and activities in support of special population students and assist with workforce advisory committees as needed.
- Develop and organize workshops, programming and occupational information to various audiences, including employers, community organizations, high schools, special populations, and government agencies.
- Research grant opportunities for special populations. Assist in data collection, writing, and the execution of the grant(s).
- Attend industry events to promote workforce programs and foster tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- Exercise professional communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and three (3) years of related experience required. Post-secondary workforce education desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of college policies, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of department technology, including various systems and software to research, compile, extract, and synthesize data as needed
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio and Customer Relationship
- Knowledge of secretarial and office management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of workforce programs, marketing recruitment, and industry essentials pertaining to the programs assigned.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with external stakeholders, and facilitate their hosting Collin College students for a practical experience
- Ability to work professionally with Collin College faculty and staff
- Ability to manage confidential information and processes
- Ability to manage schedules and calendars
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $43,315.00 - 49,812.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney